Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-19-2011, 02:30 AM   #11
Lanae
Registered Users
Formerly: Lanae~1st time mom
seller

Location: Hawaii-Oahu, DH-Deployment to Iraq, My home state-TN
My Mood:
Double post

I'm blaming stupid words or sentences on my iPhone since it thinks it's smarter than me!

Advertisement

Last edited by Lanae; 08-19-2011 at 02:34 AM.
Lanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:30 AM   #12
Lanae
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
3x post

I'm blaming stupid words or sentences on my iPhone since it thinks it's smarter than me!

Last edited by Lanae; 08-19-2011 at 02:36 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:44 AM   #13
ariannasmommy22
Registered Users
seller

Re: I need help!!!

OH my gosh, I know just what you are going through. With my 1st child I had terrible cracks and blisters for months. They could never heal because, well the nipples were constantly in use by my boobie muncher But, what did make them feel better was putting some neosporin on the cracks/blisters after each feeding, letting them air out as often as you can, and avoiding pumping for the moment. If pumping is making them bleed then you should give it a rest. Pumping hurt me more than my DD nursing because it rubs the nipple where as when your baby nurses, the nipple is drawn all the way back into their mouth and no rubbing. I also was in terrible pain that I used a nipple shield so the crack could heal. After about a week of doing all this...I finally saw some new tissue developing and it started to heal. If you have a Dr. I would also call him and get him to prescribe some "triple nipple cream". Dr. Jack Newman recommends it for cracks/blisters. It has an antibiotic/antifungal/anti-inflammatory in it...so it can help in preventing thrush and mastitis.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:50 AM   #14
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanae View Post
Get the gel pads! They are great! That's how I survived my mastitis fights! They keep your nipple wet pretty much. Anyways, keeps it from scabbing. The pads last for a few days. I woulda gave up bf if not for these puppies. Ameda brand makes some that they sell at babies r us. They are very much worth every single penny.

Thanks! I will look for these.
whitneywalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #15
ariannasmommy22
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitneywalters View Post
Thanks! I will look for these.
These are very soothing...but scabbing is good because it means it's healing. That's why I had blisters for 3 months. I used the Soothies and it kept it damp and they never healed until I started letting them air out and scab.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:42 AM   #16
Lanae
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariannasmommy22

These are very soothing...but scabbing is good because it means it's healing. That's why I had blisters for 3 months. I used the Soothies and it kept it damp and they never healed until I started letting them air out and scab.
See, I had the opposite problem, mine didn't heal without them but I was also dealing with mastitis.