Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #31
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Daily CHat Aug 18th

Our Dr app went super! I gain 1/2 pound so thats good! Everything about baby is super healthy, nothing to be concerned about and baby is growing right on schedule. . .Here's the 3D photo-

And Photo of Babys feet that are CONSTANTLY kicking me

And photo of Baby waving to us

And yes, its still a girl! ha ha. I told hubs going into the app I was half nervous the tech would say oh its a boy. . Lol.

Oh and I showed our birth plans to my OB and she OK'd almost everything! The only thing she had a issue with was I asked that DH be allowed to catch the baby if he wanted to at the moment (when DD was born I didnt want hubs to leave my side so he didnt catch her) but we wanted it on the plan this time in case he wanted to, she said thats fine with her but she wanted to be in charge, so like she needs to be right there even if he catches it. I was like well yeah we kinda assumed you would be anyways so not a big deal. And we said no Vitamin K shot for baby and she said she wasnt sure if the hospital would allow us NOT to. She is checking into it but that was the only thing that we might not have a choice on. Not a HUGE deal to me considering my plan was pretty natural/leave me alone in labor . .Ha ha.

Advertisement

mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #32
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
How come you don't want the shot? As I was looking at your ultrasound pictures DS started to kick so I guess I'm not allowed to look at other babies or he is a ladies man already lol.

I love the 3ds. We got a glimps but no pictures and he looks just like a his daddy but mini. Another product of my husband's that I carry for 9 months And looks only a little like me if you close one eye and squint the other lol.
Owner and designer of Butterfly Elephants, waldorf style dolls
Lady_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:43 PM   #33
vittoriosmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxygoober View Post
AOTD for yesterday- We don't have a nursery. Hopefully we will one day be able to add onto our house . . .

Stacie- Men don't get it.
Leeuhh- I don't think they get money either.

Today we got our insurance bill for the truck- Yea. State Farm will no longer be getting our business. It just keeps going up! Used to be under 100 a month, 448 for 6 months, now it's 800 for 6 months! BS! I don't have half that in savings. I don't even get why they want 6 months at a time. We always pay on time. I fish tailed about a hundred feet and hit a bridge back in December, it cost about a grand to fix. We paid 500, then they wanted 180 more for accidents fee, now they want 225. . .umm what's the point of insurance if I'm going to pay for fixing the vehicle ON TOP of paying monthly?

State Farm is the worst! They want 1100 for 6 months from
us! We just switched to Hartford for 600...
State Farm does not want to insure our new home because we had a claim with them over a year ago (water damage) in our old house.
I called them just last week for an estimate and they basically told me they will not be doing business with us....
In that case I will never be doing business with them!

Last edited by vittoriosmom; 08-18-2011 at 09:44 PM.
vittoriosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:53 PM   #34
DoulainAK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mrscompgeek- it is your right as the parent to refuse any treatment that you want for your child. If your care provider insists that it is state law or hospital policy ask to see it in writing. Ask for a copy of the hospital policies. It is your right to informed consent for care. This includes any and all vaccines, vitamin k shot, eye ointment etc. I hope you are able to get all your wishes for your birth.
DoulainAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:12 AM   #35
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Because the shot isnt necessary and has high risk with it. DD was born at home and didnt get it!
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:45 AM   #36
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mrscompgeek--you could look into getting the oral Vit K, although I agree that it isn't necessary at all. Especially if you add nettles and alfalfa to your preg tea, as they (or one, I don't remember which) has Vit K. I did do the Vit K shot with ds even though we birthed at home, but that's b/c ds had lots of head molding and was a big baby who got pretty squeezed and the MW suggested it might be a good idea. . .this time though I don't expect to do it at all. But if necessary I would go with the oral.
But you should be free to refuse it at the hospital too!

Oh and cute little girl you go there! I love these u/s pics even more as our babes get bigger!
Old 08-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #37
flmamao2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Love the pictures! Baby looks great!