Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-19-2011, 09:39 AM   #1
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Not sure how best to do this tips and ideas welcome.

I am going home next month and am clearing my storage unit.

I will have loads to get rid off.

I have tons that may or may not sell, but I have 3 weeks only to get through everything and get rid of it.

I am not sure if listing on here would be a good idea. Or even how it would work with so many small items. I just cannot do 1001 trips to the post.

So ideas:
first items I want to sell, do people buy many lots? If reasonably priced? I would just group everything in flat rate boxes say a flat amount for the box list it and thats that. Seem doable? Will I just get bombed by pm after pm asking to separate?

Then comes FFS:
I will have tons and I mean tons to give away or toss. Again I would love for a DS mama to have it but I cannot go item by item.
I could do lots, but same question as above.

Or maybe I will list a box for sale for 1 weej if not sold ffs it? Seem reasonable?

I just have to move fast, so basically everyday I will go through more and more. I and not sure if I should even list on here. Or just toss everything. I mean in some areas it will be easy to group if boxes are organized, but most times it will be a hodgepodge and I just do not have the time to go through everything be genre. It would be more like a grab bag. Obviously with items listed so no one is upset about what they get before hand.

Ugh I just don't know. Is it worth it to try and sell on DS if I only have a few weeks? I do have some nice items. Some brand new. I also have 1001 odd ball small random things too.

Advertisement

Old 08-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Not sure how best to do this tips and ideas welcome.

Can you see if the storage unit would let you set up a sale out of the unit?

I know locally they let people do this.They advertise just like it is for a yard sale.There are usually a lot of people at the ones I go to.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I doubt it this place is gated
Old 08-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #4
percussionsmith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

back in march we moved from a 3br w. barn to a 1 br. w. loft and had to do a massive reduction FAST! I grouped things as:
Donations (grouped into womens shelter, clothing bank, library, food bank)
Consignment Kids
Consigment Womens
Consigment books/media/records
Diaperswappers (included only maternity and some baby, diapers and nursing)
I listed online stuff first then reduced in 4 days, 1 week from donation time I opened it up to offers then I let go and donated. I didn't FFS stuff because to think about it, thats not really a every environmentally or locally conscientious decision.

Hope that helps!~
GOOD LUCK SERENA!!!
Old 08-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #5
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by percussionsmith View Post
back in march we moved from a 3br w. barn to a 1 br. w. loft and had to do a massive reduction FAST! I grouped things as:
Donations (grouped into womens shelter, clothing bank, library, food bank)
Consignment Kids
Consigment Womens
Consigment books/media/records
Diaperswappers (included only maternity and some baby, diapers and nursing)
I listed online stuff first then reduced in 4 days, 1 week from donation time I opened it up to offers then I let go and donated. I didn't FFS stuff because to think about it, thats not really a every environmentally or locally conscientious decision.

Hope that helps!~
GOOD LUCK SERENA!!!
There is a consignment shop my cousin uses. I just wonder how the payout would work with me back overseas. Maybe I can talk to them. Or do it in my moms name and if they do credit I could tell her things to watch for.

For my books I plan to get rid of about 90% I have about 20 boxes, hoarder much, and take those infor trade in. I will use that credit to get DS a few really good quality ENglish language books. Maybe a paperback or two if they like a lot of my books.

I really think I want to avoid online, due to the fact it would be a lot of work.

I think furniture I will list on craigslist. But I do have a bed that is not assembled, I am not sure how I could do that one, its part of a bedroom set.

In an ideal world, I would plan and have a huge yard sell. But I will be alone with DS and only have 3 weeks, need to see family, take care of some business and get through as much as I can.