Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
MelissaAnn
Registered Users
seller

What would you purchase in my position?

Currently, DD1 (2.5) is in MyRide FF and DD2 (5 months) is in a SnugRide 35. When we went to the doctor's the other day, DD1 has dropped some weight (that's another story all together ) and is now 21lbs and 38 inches tall. I don't know if I should switch her back RFing? Or keep her FFing? I'm inclined to think RFing since she is only 21 lbs. DD2 is a tiny little thing as well: 12lbs and 24 inches. I want to get two new seats for them because I hate DD1s MyRide....What would you suggest for a smaller infant and a tall, skinny toddler? Space is not an issue as we will be trading in our Jeep Commander for something alot bigger when DH gets home soon. Thank you for any help/opinions you can give me!

Advertisement

Old 08-20-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

Re: What would you purchase in my position?

I'd definitely turn dd1 back to RF, provided that her head is at least 1" below the top of the seat.

ETA: As for other seats to recommend, it might help to know what you hate about the MyRide. Also, what is your budget for both new seats?
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
MelissaAnn
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
I'd definitely turn dd1 back to RF, provided that her head is at least 1" below the top of the seat.

ETA: As for other seats to recommend, it might help to know what you hate about the MyRide. Also, what is your budget for both new seats?
The MyRide just seems to sit up SO high. I'm quite short, so my Jeep is already up high compared to me + hoisting DD1 into it, it's a PITA! I would love to find something that sits lower. It's just so incredibly bulky as well!

ETA: No budget contraints!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:48 PM   #4
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

Radians sit low, and are great for tall kids. They rf to 40 or 45 lbs (depends on the model) and run from about $190-$230 depending on model. Since budget and space is no issue, I would look into them. They don't have big sides at the kids hips, and they are some of the narrowest (if not the narrowest) seats on the market!
Old 08-20-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would turn the 2 year old rear facing, especially one that tiny.
I am 5'1" and drive a Jeep Liberty. I have never had any problems with getting DS in to his seat. We have used the Snugride 22, First Years True Fit, Combi Coccoro, and Sunshine Kids Radian in my car. My mom drives a Lexus RX330 and has a Recaro Como for DS in her car and I have never had any problems getting DS in to that seat either and it is huge and sits up on a base.

The Radian would probably work best for you in this situation, it would be perfect if you do not have advanced airbags since there will be no restriction on the seat touching the front seats. Radians install really easily in Jeeps, it's like they were made for each other.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
Ashlovespat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Would definitely RF both kids and try a true fit if you can find one in store. They only RF to 35lbs b wih light kds that is fine and they are tall seats. My twins are turning 3 tomorrow and still RF wih lots of height and weight room. Also have a radian xtslmfor the other baby and I've heard awesome things about that new acia seat that just came out too.