Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2011, 11:51 AM   #11
mmmarmalade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: can i just tell you all how excited i am that...

Can I just say I LOVE Subarus? I wish we could afford one and I'm so glad you'll be able to make it work. It would be such a pity to have to get rid of it! We're going to need a new car for the newbie. I MIGHT be able to fit three in back if I put both the boys in boosters and got a bucket for the middle, but it won't work forever. We have a Ford Focus. We bought it the day we got engaged and it's the only car we've had in our marriage. Wish we'd been a little more forward thinking when we bought it though.

Advertisement

Marmalade Baby
mmmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:14 PM   #12
DoulainAK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am so in love with my Forester. We briefly considered moving up to a van this summer but decided it was cheaper to buy a Thule topper for camping than a whole new car.
DoulainAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #13
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmarmalade
Can I just say I LOVE Subarus? I wish we could afford one and I'm so glad you'll be able to make it work. It would be such a pity to have to get rid of it! We're going to need a new car for the newbie. I MIGHT be able to fit three in back if I put both the boys in boosters and got a bucket for the middle, but it won't work forever. We have a Ford Focus. We bought it the day we got engaged and it's the only car we've had in our marriage. Wish we'd been a little more forward thinking when we bought it though.
You should be able to fit 3 across. I remember reading somewhere (maybe carseat.org ?) that they were able to get 3 across in a Focus. I used that to my advantage with DH in finding seats that fit in the Fusion. FWIW, our seat is 57" across, but with only 54" I could use; Z's booster wouldn't curve with the back of the seat and couldn't fit in the middle. And forget trying to fit a 5pt harness for him. I have his booster and 2 RFing convertibles that fit. Hopefully you'll find a good combo too!

Maybe I should measure our Subaru and see what will/could fit... won't DH just LOVE that.

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #14
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:
We would have had plenty of room to work with in our forester if it wasn't for the darn contoured seats! There's a huge bump on either side by the door that takes up several inches on each side. If they would just change that it would be way better.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #15
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: can i just tell you all how excited i am that...

Yeah. The Subaru does contour a LOT more than the Ford. It makes the Ford look like it's flat! Even my mom said that! (She had a 1990 Legacy with the three of us).

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote