Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
KLJ07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question Help me identify this rash!

DD (16 months) has had this rash on the right side of her body for a couple days now. The weird thing is it is only on her right side and no where else which is why I'm having a hard time figuring out what's causing it. She hasn't had any new foods lately, so I don't think it's an allergic reaction to food. I am using the same detergent to wash her clothes in (Purex f&c). She hasn't been sick at all. So...I am just at a loss . The only thing I can come up with is I got some hand me down clothes from someone, and you could smell the detergent on them. I washed them before she wore any of them, but maybe the left over detergent didn't rinse all the way out?? But if that's the case, why is the rash so isolated?
[IMG][/IMG]

Advertisement

KLJ07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me identify this rash!

Can't really see it that well, but it looks like the rash my ds gets from the carpet. On his tummy and knees where his body usually touches the floor. Does she sleep on her right side? Or lay on that side? If its irritation from the detergent residue it could be isolated if that is where the clothes put the most pressure.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
KLJ07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

She's always had clothes on when in contact with the carpet, so that couldn't be it. She rolls all over when sleeping so not sure about that. I know the picture isn't that great. My camera was not cooperating.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:56 PM   #4
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

From what I can see it really does look like mild contact dermatitis. But there are so many types of rashes.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:17 AM   #5
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is what (from what I can see in the pic) DS had after a high fever and no other symptoms....we were told it was roseola and not to worry.

ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:07 AM   #6
KLJ07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aumismommy View Post
This is what (from what I can see in the pic) DS had after a high fever and no other symptoms....we were told it was roseola and not to worry.
While it does look exactly like the rash from roseola, it's not that (she's already had it before a few months ago). She also hasn't had a fever.