Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #11
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: MNclothdiaperin'Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsmommy10 View Post
Hi MN mamas! I'm not from there but I will be traveling to the area (MN, MO, & WI) frequently over the next 2 years Would love to meet you ladies if I have the chance!
How fun would that be. Should definately try to get together sometime!

Advertisement

& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:04 PM   #12
BigZsmommy
Registered Users
seller

We love Gundersen, I've been to Mayo before in Rochester with my mother in law and it is insanne... at Gundersen we have free valet parking (you have to pay to park then walk forever at mayo how fun lol), everything is really easy to find, the hospital and the "women's health" center are in the same building so last time when they sent me from an apt over to labor and delivery cause I was dilated to 5 I was just pushed in a wheelchair down the hall. I have used midwives for all 3 pregnancies/deliveries and am excited to use them again this time. I have the option of a water birth which I know some hospitals don't allow. the food is good (in my opinion) and I love my midwife and our family practice dr that sees me anytime I need even if I'm being seen by the midwives. The hospital is super easy to find. it is a 45 minute drive but so is mayo (which I wouldn't go to for pretty much any reason lol, and winona is the closest but one of those hospitals that everyone tells horror stories about lol.

Last edited by BigZsmommy; 08-24-2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: remembered how to spell valet... lol
BigZsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:41 PM   #13
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

That sounds so nice. I am really jealous! Maybe I will have to see how far Gunderson is from me. Kidding. I don't think that I could do the ride while in labor. At OMC they allow laboring in the water, but not the birth. I am thinking about trying that this time, but we will see. My last two births didn't really go as planned, so I'm hoping that this one will.
I have to say that the food isn't that bad at OMC either. I also love the "special meal" that they do for mommy and daddy. It's kinda nice to be a little pampered and have a "fancy" meal before going back to reality.
& DS (4/13/12)

Last edited by MNclothdiaperin'Momma; 08-24-2011 at 07:43 PM.
MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #14
BigZsmommy
Registered Users
seller

oh i forgot about that! yeah that is nice as well! I labored in the water with my first and second and it totally helped. I went from 5-10 cm in 24 minutes with my second in the tub. I actually never even got in the tub last time. I was dilated to 5 but having pretty sporadic contractions when I went over to labor and delivery so our focus was more on getting things started. once things got moving they really moved. I guess i just didn't have time lol. But I totally recommend it. It helped me sooo much.
BigZsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote