Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #11
flmamao2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For those on not on their first one...

We will need everything again...My children are 10 and 7 and we sold/gave away everything including clothing. We have purchased nursery furniture, but still need other equipment
carseat
stroller
pack n play
bouncer
swing
baby bath
bottles
clothing

oh my just everything

Advertisement

Old 08-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #12
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Swing, car seat, socks. I'm a little obsessed with socks

I also need some other boring things, but I don't want to think of them until I have to.

Last edited by foxygoober; 08-24-2011 at 03:21 PM.
foxygoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:43 PM   #13
Mama_Destiny
seller
seller

My Mood:

We got rid of EVERYTHING, a month before we found out we were expecting again! Eeek! So, we are starting all over. We aren't going to buy an actual crib this time, I don't think. Baby sleeps in pack n play bassinet the first months, and then will co-sleep for the next couple of years. We need a Pack n Play, car seat, bouncer, swing, and baby bath tub. I have all of our NB CD stash bought now, and bought both boy and girl nb/0-3 mos. clothes. We need all of the little things, like hooded bath towels and such, still as well.
We are looking at some homes tomorrow, and if we do buy one, I will probably go ahead with a nursery, just cause I have with each of the other 3 kiddos, even though we never actually really USE them, lol!
Mama_Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #14
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Destiny View Post
We got rid of EVERYTHING, a month before we found out we were expecting again! Eeek!
LOL yeah that was us! I freecycled all our baby clothes (except my diapers and wool) since we miscarried twice and I thought we'd never have any more kids. Then I sold the car seat literally THE DAY BEFORE I got a bfp Oh brother. soooo here we are starting over.

That reminds me- need a baby bath too
Old 08-24-2011, 07:46 PM   #15
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I want the tummy tub this time, they look so cute!
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1264393
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #16
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We got rid of everything too, since we weren't sure if we'd have another one or not. We do still have the crib though, but will have to get the other necessities. I plan on shopping thrift/consigment stores as much as possible!

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own
Old 08-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #17
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmamao2 View Post
We will need everything again...My children are 10 and 7 and we sold/gave away everything including clothing. We have purchased nursery furniture, but still need other equipment
carseat
stroller
pack n play
bouncer
swing
baby bath
bottles
clothing

oh my just everything
This is us except mine are 9 and 6
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #18
DoulainAK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We saved most everything. Sold the swing early on since DS hated it and we spent a bundle on that graco sweetpeace swing when it first came out. so we need a swing. I'm making our nb stash. Will need some clothes since DS was a summer baby. That's pretty much it though. I want some different carriers this time. I had only ergo with DS which I love but I also want to try wrapping, and a sling!
DoulainAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:55 PM   #19
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, now that it's looking like a girl for us, I have some shopping to do! DH doesn't want everything pink. . .but I won't be able to resist some amount of cute girly stuff.

Other than that, I actually have a few things that I didn't get last time (usually b/c DH protested the expense or the space-taking of such items), but I have decided are essential to me. #1 is a gliding rocker! I have never had a rocker and I have regretted this many times. Luckily we'll be moving into a bigger space in a few months, so I can add some furniture items without filling our whole house (as would happen right now). #2 is a woven wrap. I have a Moby, but decided I need a nice woven wrap despite their cost. #3 is a jogging stroller, but I will wait on that one, since I don't know if we'll need a double or not. . .ds might be big enough by the time this baby will ride in a stroller that a double would be moot. Or maybe just a Sit'n'Stand.

We'll cosleep, but thinking of a snuggle nest this time. We still have a mini-cosleeper from ds which he literally NEVER slept in. He has always needed to be sleeping with his skin touching mine. So not sure whether we'll try that again or just sell it. It is kinda handy as an extra changing table/bassinet type thing though too. ..

I also need to get an excersaucer. . ds LOVED that thing, but the one we had was already a hand-me-down, so I just passed it on and figured I'd get another one next time. They take up so much space to store.

Last edited by kismetbaby; 08-24-2011 at 08:58 PM.
kismetbaby is offline   Reply With Quote