Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-25-2011, 09:18 PM   #11
J_Lee
Registered Users

Re: Any Pockets have Cotton interiors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keowilliams View Post
Every day my DH is like...you're still looking at diapers? Every time you're on the computer, you're looking at diapers. Don't you do anything else?...Well, sometimes I look at the accessories....
LMAO! This sounds like me hahaha! Thanks for the laugh mama!

Advertisement

J_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:24 PM   #12
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

If you're looking so simplify, I wouldn't do pockets for the main bulk of your stash, that is SO much diaper stuffing, I get sick of stuffing the 8 or so I normally go through, I use prefolds on the baby during the day. I used to do pockets all the time and found myself really dreading pulling them all out of the dryer and sitting on the couch stuffing them all for awhile.

Maybe a good system for you would be softbums omni shells (they are lined with fleece and can be used as a cover or a pocket), is a great one-size cover with adjustable elastic, and lay flats in as your absorbant part, on top of the fleece.

Flats absolutely dry the fastest. I'm talkin' like 15-20 minutes fast in the dryer. You can fold them to make your own very absorbant insert that is 100% cotton, adjustable, and dries quick. You don't have to take it as far as I did by sewing them down so they stayed folded in that long snake shape, but it certainly makes for simplicity. They still dry quickly, 30 minutes maybe.

Like this:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1223723

Pictured there is the insert laying on top of one of my kawaii pockets, and pictured further down the insert is stuffed inside the pocket. Create your own AI2 diaper with the omni shell and use it as both.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #13
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
If the inner turns out at the legs or waist, and it's wet, then if it contacts clothing the moisture will wick even though the outer is "waterproof". Just something to pay attention to I would trust Heather (Bugga Bugga Boutique) she's been making diapers a while and CD'd quite a few bottoms
Yes, that is a concern, also, what makes it more of a concern than say, an aio/ai2 is that the inserts are generally not able to shift/bunch up like then can in a pocket, and if the pocket insert does shift or bunch, that will cause pooling of urine on seams which will also cause wicking.

Of course, it may work just fine for some kids, every baby is different!!!

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Friendly Home!

Last edited by BuggaBuggaBoutique; 08-26-2011 at 11:37 AM.
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #14
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
If the inner turns out at the legs or waist, and it's wet, then if it contacts clothing the moisture will wick even though the outer is "waterproof". Just something to pay attention to I would trust Heather (Bugga Bugga Boutique) she's been making diapers a while and CD'd quite a few bottoms
and, thanks momma

Yep, I have been cding and diaper making WAHM for 6.5 years

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Friendly Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:03 AM   #15
nrgburst
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Swaddlebees still makes their Econappis, which have an organic cotton velour inner and cotton velour/hemp insert/AI2 lay-in.

ISO/IHA here
nrgburst is offline   Reply With Quote