Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #11
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
My Mood:
Re: help me feel comfortable with a homebirth!

Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post
I did! We moved from NM late May, we are in WI now. Dh is still there in NM for work. If he doesn't get a transfer soon we will come back for winter.
Did you live in the east mountains? We drive by a house all the time that always just looks like a ton of kids live there and I always think of you for some reason lol

Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
The fact that you live the same distance from the hospital makes me think that you're better off planning a home birth, where the midwife is coming to you, than a hospital birth, where the weather might make that more difficult. Even if the weather is bad, and she's coming to you, it's better to be laboring at home than in a car (or ambulance). It's great that you have a backup plan with the ambulance; that would take some of the fear out of it for me, also.
True. Even my midwife said whether we plan a hb or not, not to leave the house if the weather is bad because she doesn't want baby born on the way!

Staying in a motel if the weather is bad is a good idea! The only problem I see with that is then we would have DD with us and I haven't decided if I will get my mom or someone to watch her while I am in labor or not.

[CENTER]~Shannon~Mama to Addisyn 6.6.10 and Ryan 1.22.12
solarbabies is offline   Reply With Quote