Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
barrett12
Registered Users
seller

Over producing

My daughter will be a month old on the 3rd and was a preemie and couldn't latch correctly even with a shield (son was the same way not a preemie) so I had to pump and she's gotten better at latching but won't stay latched or awake even if she's naked! And with over producing I'm going through storage bags like crazy! Any suggestions on storage other than bags?

Advertisement

barrett12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
xkels81
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Over producing

I personally do lots of trades, here on DS, for BFing mommies Lansinoh bags. They are the best bags imo. I find I get the best deals here or on Amazon. Lots of moms use the snack size ziplocs. But they are much thinner and not intended for that use. maybe look into that though...
xkels81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
barrett12
Registered Users
seller

I use those bags already, just spending too much money on bags for how fast I go through them, to once I use a bag throw it away. Kind of like disposables diapers, spend money, use, throw away and don't really get my true money's worth out of either. I can go through 50 bags in 3 max 4 days. And 100 in 7-8 and the bags are anywheres from 5-10$ depending if I get a 25 count or 50 count. Spending at least 60$ on bags is ridiculous to me lol
Old 08-29-2011, 04:14 PM   #4
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

A mama once posted on here that she would pour the milk in an ice cube tray, once frozen she would put the cubes into a big ziploc bag. Each cube is an ounce. Still using bags but not single use and I'd imagine you could fit a bunch of cubes on a gallon bag.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:40 PM   #5
xkels81
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Over producing

How much are you putting in each bag?
xkels81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:18 AM   #6
barrett12
Registered Users
seller

I fill each bag up to at least 6oz's or right under the seal part after each pump session. The trays are brilliant! I know of people using them for purée food never thought about breast milk! Thank you, I'll def be doing that!