Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #11
PaxtonsMum
Registered Users

Re: Cloth diaper store in/near Austin?

Didnt read all the posts but tinybirds moved to SamBass and 1431 basically (more on sambass), (you can shop online and they have free shipping tinybirds.com) Its the only store that I know of out here. Just started cloth diapering and love the fact that they have a "free" bin, so we are able to try different types (if they are in the bin) and we bring them back reuardless if we like them or not. Women are lovely. And the wool covers are a great price xx I was the same when we moved here from Illinois in 2006 I didnt drive for 2 years! LOL

Advertisement

PaxtonsMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:19 PM   #12
heartmygingertwins
Registered Users

My Mood:
I'm right up by you, off 183 behind the Target! There's a consignment shop off Andersen Lane called 'Pumpkin Patch' by the Walmart.. They have some used diapers. It's a hit or miss but I stop in here and there to see what they've got! They've got a south location also on S Lamar
heartmygingertwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:31 AM   #13
wonton
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkg354boy2 View Post
Tiny Birds Organic is a wonderful shop. THe women there are wonderful and very helpful. It is in Round Rock and well worth the drive. I See you are due in April. I am also, you should come over to the April DD board and hang out with us.
I was going to say yeah it moved.
2593 Sam Bass Road, Round Rock, TX 78681

I went there before it moved, before I had dd. It's was a nice small store, cool to see some cd's in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylee610 View Post
I am in North Austin and go to Baby Earth in Round Rock, the ladies are always so nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by moiety View Post
Austin Baby Store, sadly, is closing. It's still not on their website, but it's on Facebook and Twitter. (I don't have enough posts to post a link yet)

Round Rock and northside mamas have lots of choices though! Tiny Birds is off Sam Bass behind Gattiland. They sell a lot of different things, including the single most bulletproof prefolds I've ever seen (once you boil the daylights out of them!) Baby Earth is kind of behind Ikea. They sell more strollers and carseats than anything else, but also stock BGs, FBs, HHs, and Flip and such. Other than that, I know Special Addition across from Central Market on N Lamar sells MotherEase dipes.
Baby Earth also moved but is still nearby, in fact it's just about a mile from my apt complex lol.
It's just off of old settlers.

Last edited by wonton; 11-19-2011 at 12:33 AM.
wonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #14
jennybug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would definitely try Tiny Birds or Baby Earth. I love both of those stores and get our GroVia's at Tiny Birds (and fresh eggs when they're there!) We also live by Baby Earth! (right across the street from Old Settler's Park)
Old 04-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #15
SassyMommaX5
Registered Users

Just thought I'd update on this, since I was passing through anyhow. Sad to say, Tiny Birds has closed up shop. She's still running her online store at this point though, according to her FB posts.
SassyMommaX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #16
anniefannie
Registered Users
seller

Thought I'd post a little help for the south Austin ladies. Ecowise on Elizabeth and S Congress (behind Gueros, next to Vulcan video) has a few cloth diapering supplies - prefolds and a few covers (maybe more, it's been awhile since I've been there). And Baby Gaga on S Lamar and Manchaca has a few things as well - bum genius and fuzzi bunz, and maybe more. You can also buy new fuzzi bunz at Once Upon A Child (a neat second hand children's store at the Y in Oak Hill).
Old 06-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #17
ShannonMB
Registered Users

I love Baby Earth in Round Rock!
ShannonMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #18
KandRomper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kid to kid by Lakeline mall sells new bg, flip and grovia its my fave resale store!
KandRomper is offline   Reply With Quote