Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
Sheaholt
Registered Users
seller

Bottles

sorry if this isn't the best place for this post please re-direct me. We are really struggling to find the right bottles. My dd has bad reflux, now on medication. We tried breastflow and they seemed to cause a lot of discomfort. We tries tommy tippee and even with slow flow she drowned! lMy dd started daycare 1 month ago we used the ventaire advanced, she tolerated these very well but within 2 weeks thy all started leaking we lost so much milk! Then we tried stoping thy leaked as well not sure why filled them with water and one that previously leaked didn't leak again. Recently we tried milkbank and no leaks but the gas stem thing keeps falling off.

I am afraid that with all the lost milk I am not going to be able to keep up!

Thanks in advance for any potential help!

Advertisement

Sheaholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
A&M'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My dd really likes the playtex drop ins with the natural latch (brown latex nipples) if you buy the original ones not the premium ones they already have the brown nipple. I can only find the originals at target. But I only have walmart and target where I live. We had the same problem with dd drowning and it running out all over her chin cause there was so much coming out. We also had a little luck with the nuk bottles but dh just said he think she likes the playtex better. Hth!
A&M'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
gghmommy
Registered Users

Re: Bottles

We also have reflux... DD is a 28 week preemie. I've only BF her a few times because it was just difficult. She has been given only breastmilk and the additives the Neonatologist prescribed. When she first came home we used little disposable bottles and level 1 nipples. Once she was eating more than 3 oz, we had to buy some bottles and I went with Dr. Browns. They are supposed to reduce gas, for us it seems the more gas the more reflux. She didn't always have spit up, usually it was arching in pain about 1 hr after feeding. I also like the Dr. Brown because you can get them BPA free plastic or glass!! there are plastic parts, all BPA free and you have more to wash, but for us they've been great. Now that she's starting to grab the bottle herself, I may look into something different. If you don't hold the Dr. Brown at a particular angle, it's hard for baby to get milk out. Hope this is not more confusing for you. The biggest thing for us with reflux is keeping her upright during feed and for at least 20 min after. good luck!
gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #4
mmm0302
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dr Brown's makes preemie nipples. The flow is really slow and they have worked well for us switching in between breast and bottle. (No experience with reflux though)
Old 09-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
Sheaholt
Registered Users
seller

Thanks mamas
Sheaholt is offline   Reply With Quote