Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
Chessie
Registered Users
seller

Did DH ruin it? How to get back on track?

It's been hot and DH was a bit cranky. DS had been doing really well going potty. DH was short tempered because our son was squirming around and wouldn't let him wipe him after he went in the toilet There was some yelling and now DS won't go potty anymore not even for pee. And to make things worse, DH is speaking angrily to him every time he won't go to the potty. He absolutely won't listen to me when I tell him that's the reason he won't go anymore! Please tell me there's a way back to the potty. We were doing super well and now I'm scared he'll never go back. I tried getting all super happy about the potty, I even tried to get him to show his sister how to do it, and even bribed with candy (which worked once but not all the time.) What do I do, take a break?

Advertisement

Old 08-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #2
becky1231
Registered Users

Re: Did DH ruin it? How to get back on track?

I am in the same boat for the same reasons. I have no advice just some hugs for ya
Old 08-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
Chessie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky1231 View Post
I am in the same boat for the same reasons. I have no advice just some hugs for ya
Thanks, I keep trying to remind myself that most kids figure it out by at least 6, right? That means I've still got a couple of years to worry about it. Well for the entire day we got one pee in the potty. Guess it's better than nothing. Thanks for the hugs. here's some for you too
Old 09-03-2011, 12:46 AM   #4
katyldf
Registered Users
seller

Oh man do I feel you on that!! DH did that a few months ago and I ended up giving up and now here we are trying to re- potty train I have to give DH the nightly talk on being nice to DD and that its a learning process like walking... Your not alone out there and it will get better (or I hope I keep telling myself this) Were back on day 3 (we did the 3 day method) and still no luck DD has such good bladder control so its far and few between pees! Good Luck!!
katyldf is offline   Reply With Quote