Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2011, 03:01 AM   #11
tryin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnant with a toddler...

My poor 8yr old has taken over toddler duty. She loves it though. My 2 foster children recently left so she is missing her playmates. Now, my toddler has become her best friend, lucky me! She will entertain her downstairs while I take a nap.

My toddler has become super clingy though. She wants me to carry her everywhere, up and down stairs and she is solid!!! Im high risk, so I'm not suppose to lift over 25lbs, but how do you resist a determined toddler?

My question is: how do you handle feeling like crap with 34 7 yr olds?

Advertisement

Last edited by tryin; 09-03-2011 at 03:03 AM.
tryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:13 AM   #12
mom2luke&jake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I turn in to the worlds worst mom. I let the kids watch way too much tv and lay on the couch. I dont know what else to do, but its such a short period that I can justify it I guess.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:02 AM   #13
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've been taking DD to the park and I lay in the shade under a blanket. I'll push her on the swing a bit and if I'm up to it I may go down the slide a bunch of times. When I'm not up to running around I'll entice her with snacks on the blanket.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #14
I Dream of Cloth
Registered Users
seller

This is my second time being pregnant with a toddler and I sympathize with you. It's not easy! Last time I remember crying sometimes. Mostly when my husband would go out of town. Luckily he got a promotion and doesn't have to travel much any more with his new position. I always nap when the kids nap (which I should be doing right now! I will when I'm done answering emails) and try to go to bed early. I also try to nap whenever someone offers to take the kids for a few hours like my husband or my mom or my brother.

On days I have no help I would take my toddler into my room with me and bring some books and puzzles and tell her it was quiet time because Mommy needed to rest. My first is a very quiet, docile child. However my second is a little wild so this hasn't worked! But she's a good napper when she finally does go down.

Mother to 4 girls : R (6yrs), H (4yrs), P (2yrs), V (born 3/29), and 2 little ones departed from this world.
I Dream of Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #15
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Dream of Cloth View Post
This is my second time being pregnant with a toddler and I sympathize with you. It's not easy! Last time I remember crying sometimes. Mostly when my husband would go out of town. Luckily he got a promotion and doesn't have to travel much any more with his new position. I always nap when the kids nap (which I should be doing right now! I will when I'm done answering emails) and try to go to bed early. I also try to nap whenever someone offers to take the kids for a few hours like my husband or my mom or my brother.

On days I have no help I would take my toddler into my room with me and bring some books and puzzles and tell her it was quiet time because Mommy needed to rest. My first is a very quiet, docile child. However my second is a little wild so this hasn't worked! But she's a good napper when she finally does go down.

Your first is like my toddler now, though I have to sleep with my arm over my head should she get the sudden tick to chuck something at me.

My husband fell back to sleep on accident once with her but left the bedroom door open... If she's ignored she goes into wild monkey mode. I came home to crayon everywhere. Most of the walls and doors had some crayon markings, the closet mirror 5 feet from sleeping DH was absolutely covered in crayon, wherever she could reach. DH was covered in toys, his head especially. How on earth do our DHs sleep through this?!?!

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:31 PM   #16
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel your pain! I have a 13 month old, 5 year old and almost 7 year old. The older 2 are in school so that helps, I usually nap in the mornings with DD. In the afternoon the 5 y/o helps entertain DD and then we're off for afternoon activities I am soooooo tired. This time around DH is not home nearly as much as he was before (we owned a business the last 2 pregnancies). Anyways, I am not winning mother of the year but it should be all over soon, crossing my fingers.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #17
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2luke&jake View Post
I turn in to the worlds worst mom. I let the kids watch way too much tv and lay on the couch. I dont know what else to do, but its such a short period that I can justify it I guess.
This is me too. I feel like crap all day every day even with my meds. It's just crazy. I haven't even been able to sit up for very long periods of time without gagging. I have never been this sick before. I am so thankful for my husband. He gets the kids meals premade in the fridge for me to just take out and give to them. I then get to sit at the table with my trusty bucket while they eat.

One thing that we did do as well was rotate toys recently. We only put out half of their toys and store the other half. Every few months we rotate whats out and what's stored. It's like the got a whole bunch of new toys recently
& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #18
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyscreation
I just wanted to say mama! I feel your pain! I'm exactly as pregnant as you are (same days and all!). I have an 18 month old and a 5 year old. the other day I put the baby in the crib with a bunch of toys and put the 5 year old with a movie and took a nap.
Mine are 18mo and 4.5yo. I'm letting the big one entertain the little one right now. They're being awfully quiet actually... now would be a good time to check on them.
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote