Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #11
rahhlady
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone Else?

If this baby is a girl, it may be our last, but if it's another boy we will for sure try for one more.

Advertisement

Old 09-04-2011, 06:44 AM   #12
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama View Post
Assuming everything goes ok (sorry, seeing the other ladies leave us has me a little spooked right now), this will most likely be our last. We had said, we'll get to two and then discuss it, but I can't see us having more. DH turns 38 this year, I'll be turning 33 right around my due date. It took 4 years total to conceive this one, I just don't think we'll be up for more at this stage in our lives.
Yeah - my DH will be 45 the month after this one comes. I will be 37 in October. No way will I do it again. I have the BEST pregnancies - no morning sickness, no crappy feelings, etc, but I am getting older and have some other health issues that make this the best choice. I also have had infertility in the past and do not want to think I am infertile again and then get quads...LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahhlady View Post
If this baby is a girl, it may be our last, but if it's another boy we will for sure try for one more.
We have 3 boys and it would be nice if this was the girl, but we are done at 4 even if this one is a penguin! LOL! It is funny as when we went through infertility with DS2 we got a reading from Cheri the baby psycic. She said twin boys in May. Sure enough I got PG with twins and was due in May. One passed early and she gave me a 2nd reading of September and boy. We were only 6 months PP when I got PG with DS3 and he was due in Sept, but born in Aug. This time she said April and girl - this was in January. I am due in April, so so far she is correct again!
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:26 AM   #13
tryin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

this will be my last pg. It is my fifth pregnancy, but I only have 1 living biological child on earth. I am high risk from start to finish of the pg, and the anxiety level is so high throughout. This baby was a "put it in God's hands" and I became pg on the first try. I knew I wanted another baby, but now, I'm not sure how I'm going to manage financially with daycare costs. I'm thinking strongly of taking a year off and staying home with my little ones. Plus, I'm fast approaching 40 and people already think my girls are my grandchildren

I do not want permanent birth control though just because of my history and friends' experiences with tubals. So, I'll have to give this some thought.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:41 AM   #14
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryin View Post
this will be my last pg. It is my fifth pregnancy, but I only have 1 living biological child on earth. I am high risk from start to finish of the pg, and the anxiety level is so high throughout. This baby was a "put it in God's hands" and I became pg on the first try. I knew I wanted another baby, but now, I'm not sure how I'm going to manage financially with daycare costs. I'm thinking strongly of taking a year off and staying home with my little ones. Plus, I'm fast approaching 40 and people already think my girls are my grandchildren

I do not want permanent birth control though just because of my history and friends' experiences with tubals. So, I'll have to give this some thought.
I can totally understand wanting to be done after a severely high risk pregnancy. We too were not really trying as much as seeing what would happen. I got PG the month after I got my IUD out. Never in my life did I expect that. In fact, I thought I would not fall PG on my own this time and had resolved to be a mom of 3. I am no spring chicken either and understand spending the rest of our years with out LOs watching them grow and thrive verses trying for more. I want to move from the birthing mother phases of my life to the watching them grow stage. I also have a 23 year old stepson, so grandmotherhood could be a real thing in my future.

I have friends and family who have had tubals and full hystorectomies. Most of them are very pleased with the results and had no major issues. I do not know anyone with TLS in my real life, but have seen women online with it. I am thinking I can deal with it for a decade or so, as women in my family end up in menopause early and get hystorectomies by age 50. With that as my genetic history, I think the surgery will be the best option as I wil not be on hormones, not have something aggrivating my already genetically flawed uterus, and will not be likely to get PG again at all.

What are you thinking about as BC after this LO? My mom and dad used condoms until my mom's hystorectomy at 50. She was infertile due to endometriosis, but was taking no chances. She thought dad should get the big V, but he would not undergo any type of surgery due to PTSD from Vietnam. He said he would give up sex before having a surgery. My mother thought she could make him do it to avoid the tubal. Nope - and she - just like all her sisters and mother - eneded up with a hystorectomy anyway.

I decided to just get 'er done to make life easy for us.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #15
Amers78
Registered Users

My Mood:

As long as this littleone is a sticky baby then it will be our last. DH will go in for the big V after the baby gets here.
Amers78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:16 AM   #16
Britches~in~Stitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is our last baby. Four is enough for us. This will be my 6th pregnancy, and hopefully 4th baby. I'm not looking to get a tubal, but am thinking about this. It's an in office procedure, and uses scar tissue to prevent the eggs from being released into the uterus. IMO, it looks like a better option than surgery.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #17
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This may be my last pregnancy depending on the gender, but not our last child. DH and I have always wanted to adopt and we've always said 4 kids, soooo we'll see what happens.

BTW, I'd never heard of PTLS until this thread and OMGosh this is what my sister has!! She had a tubal 3 years ago after the birth of her 3rd child and has since been suffering from extreme bleeding, headaches, vaginal dryness/loss libido (sorry, TMI) and several other symptoms. She's also had an eptopic pregnancy. After seeing her suffer I've told DH unless he wants to be the new Duggars he'll be getting the big V. I need to call her though and tell her about this.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:05 PM   #18
Treasures From Elf
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not my last that we know of, we will decide after the baby comes.

I won't ever do a tubal, the complications added to the PCOS, yeah, no.

Also, be aware that if you have a tubal within I think the 3 days after a baby that sometimes it heals itself completely. It is best to wait until 6-12 weeks after the delivery.

I know it sucks because it is going in again but better to do it at the right time then to have to redo it.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #19
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is my last pregnancy... also number 4! I thought #2 was my last, so my hubby will be getting snipped before this one arrives to be SURE of that
Our 2nd was the only planned one! As we planned, God laughed That is how I see it! I am hesitant to get a tubal, as I don't even take birth control (surprised I don't have 10 kids with how fertile my family is!). I am also praying that there is only 1 in there, since I am already showing and not due until April 22nd!
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote