Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #11
Amers78
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Just came out on facebook, but not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoliviaallen View Post
I thought the same thing when I saw my 17 year old sister post that she was ten weeks and craving gummy bears. I burst into tears and called my mom! I already had a plan to beat up my sisters dweeby little boyfriend
So glad I was not the only one to fall into that heart sinking trap. Hugs girl Happy for us both that it was just another FB thing.

Advertisement

Amers78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #12
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got this yesterday, I was thiinking about posting it but decided not to. I have 2 friends on FB that know and I wouldn't want them to say anything for real. Plus, I definately am NOT craving bananas, yuck!
Old 09-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #13
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

I know someone that did this and was confused for a moment because she was much older. I figured it was some sort of breast cancer type thing.

It's a fun way to come out but yet not come out if it's true. But according to this I'd be 11 weeks and craving twizzlers. I can't even eat those, they have gluten in them...so sad.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #14
3wyobabes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We haven't even told my parents yet (Tuesday when they get back from the lake) so I didn't want to start something. And yeah... didn't want any smart @$$ comments before we share our real happy news.

I borrowed this from a friend and posted it instead

I'm NOT going to fake a pregnancy, post my bra color, my shoe size, or where I keep my purse, in a vague and ineffective attempt to raise breast cancer awareness. What I WILL do is say that women who breastfeed greatly reduce the risk of breast cancer for themselves AND their child, and if anyone needs some support, help, and love in that area, you can always talk to me. Now THAT is what I call a helpful status about boobs \ ( . )( . ) / - Woman Uncensored
3wyobabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:46 PM   #15
OnAnnaTime
Registered Users

Thank you for posting the "instructions" I couldn't figure out wtf determined the weeks and cravings! Mine would be 8 weeks and craving meatballs.. and damn if that isn't accurate! :P
Old 09-05-2011, 11:15 PM   #16
Tashak
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasures From Elf View Post
According to that I'd be 8 weeks and craving lollipops which I'm closer to six weeks and I'm craving pickles not lollipops
Hey, we have the same birthday!

I refuse to do this though, as someone who struggled with infertility for 11 years and have had a few losses it breaks my heart.
Tashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:48 PM   #17
ahenson
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amers78

So glad I was not the only one to fall into that heart sinking trap. Hugs girl Happy for us both that it was just another FB thing.
ME too! I saw it on one of my friends and was like whaaat? LOL. But she commented after several people asked if she was preggo and explained it was a FB cancer thing.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #18
tryin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashak View Post
Hey, we have the same birthday!

I refuse to do this though, as someone who struggled with infertility for 11 years and have had a few losses it breaks my heart.
This. I thought about how this excludes women who are infertile or who have a history of loss from participating in the promotion of Breast Cancer Awareness. I know a couple of years ago, I would have taken that email a totally different way. It probably would have brought me to tears and anger. And now, I'm one of those "insensitive" people.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:24 AM   #19
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wyobabes View Post
We haven't even told my parents yet (Tuesday when they get back from the lake) so I didn't want to start something. And yeah... didn't want any smart @$$ comments before we share our real happy news.

I borrowed this from a friend and posted it instead

I'm NOT going to fake a pregnancy, post my bra color, my shoe size, or where I keep my purse, in a vague and ineffective attempt to raise breast cancer awareness. What I WILL do is say that women who breastfeed greatly reduce the risk of breast cancer for themselves AND their child, and if anyone needs some support, help, and love in that area, you can always talk to me. Now THAT is what I call a helpful status about boobs \ ( . )( . ) / - Woman Uncensored

I think I will use this one!!! It's cute to me!! Thanks for sharing!
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #20
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightblonde View Post
By this I should be 10wks and craving starburst - I think there are better ways of promoting breast cancer awareness than this so I didn't copy and paste it.
I agree with you completely! Not only is August Breast Cancer awareness month, it is also Infant loss awareness month. My Aynt is battling Breast cancer for the second time (and is quite ill right now) and my sister had a still born daughter on October of last year. I couldnt post this, personally. The bra thing last year made more sense.
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote