Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2011, 11:32 PM   #11
pcjs
Registered Users

Re: Off to a good start.

Mom to my sweetie almost two year old. My husband has three kids in their 20's from his previous marriage (started very young and mid-age ). The relationship is strained as until recently (not sure what changed but its nice) as mom tried to cut dad out of the kids life. The youngest came back two years ago but its been hard despite we try. We are now/past few months texting/emailing the ex and she has been working with us on a few issues which has been a nice change - wish she would have been like this all along as it would have benefitted everyone (especially her and the kids).

Advertisement

Old 09-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #12
darbycrash
Registered Users
seller

Nice to meet everyone here, too. Especially the single parents. As a new momma I have to say that having a baby with two parents is hard, I can't imagine being on my own and parenting/working/living. I always respected single parents but now I worship them!

Once a woman in a poly relationship was telling me how much easier life was with three committed partners instead of two. I bet parenting is easier with three or four as well.

I read in My Mother Wears Combat Boots about gender programming and even though the author tried to be extremely careful about it her daughter was still a fashionista. I think some children just have personality traits. They are "something inside that cannot be denied!" (Guess the song, win a prize... ha ha)
darbycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #13
missdiamondbc
Registered Users
seller

I'm Pam, single mom to 2 since April. My ex and I have 50/50 split. I work full time as a teacher.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:56 AM   #14
Sageac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

pcjs: Sounds like my dad, 5 kids from marriages 1 &2, all the kids are 25-33, and only a couple of us talk to him. Years ago I decided that what I had been told as a child was probably a load of bull. Now, he's married to a woman I really like and my kids call her "Grandma." (lol... she's only 43 and never been married or had children... so she suddenly has 5 grown kids and 4 grandkids... ) I hope things work out with you guys.

Minimal, Communal, Earthy, Crafty Loving Single-Mama to C E : R and baby D
Sageac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #15
blathnat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi! I'm Aimee... I'm poly. I'm the bio mom to our 5 month old son. I live with my wife and our two male partners. We are all co-parenting. Extra hands are great
blathnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #16
NicoleT
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blathnat View Post
Hi! I'm Aimee... I'm poly. I'm the bio mom to our 5 month old son. I live with my wife and our two male partners. We are all co-parenting. Extra hands are great
I would really enjoy an extra pair of hands.. so I'm really jealous of you right now!

Full time student and Mama.
We follow Christ.

my blog
http://www.motheroftheyearblog.blogspot.com/
NicoleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #17
NicoleT
Registered Users
seller

MY PEOPLE!!!

Hooray! I found my place!

I'm a single mom to two girls ages 5.5 and 2.5. I've been seperated, and then divorced from their dad since before I knew I was pregnant with my youngest. There have been a few times that we have tried to do the traditional family route... but it obviously didn't work out!

My girlies and I live on my parents' property while I am in college full time. Sometimes it reminds me of a compound, We live on about 3 acres of property in our own house, and my brother and his family have a house, and my parents have the "big" house all on the same property.

Ok- here's some personal info on us. My girlies Dad is in the Marines, so he doesnt see them very often. He was here in June, and then 8 months before that. So I'm all on my own. While he does help with $, he has literally never had them by himself for more than 2 hours... or overnight for that matter.

So it's just us. Other than the occasional pity party and exhaustion, I'm ok with that. I really don't know if at this point I would be willing to let someone else help with my children. Its hard for me to admit, but I think I have a control issue with that. Mama knows best darnit.

I currently have 3 years left of school, and if I am not in a serious relationship by the time I graduate, I have decided to add to our family on my own. I have been aching for a baby, our family just doesn't feel complete yet, and I'm not about to wait around for a husband. My family thinks that I am joking when I say anything about having a baby through a sperm donor, they are all pretty conservative. I guess they'll just have to be surprised.

Sorry for the long post! I'm so excited!

Full time student and Mama.
We follow Christ.

my blog
http://www.motheroftheyearblog.blogspot.com/
NicoleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #18
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageac View Post
pcjs: Sounds like my dad, 5 kids from marriages 1 &2, all the kids are 25-33, and only a couple of us talk to him. Years ago I decided that what I had been told as a child was probably a load of bull. Now, he's married to a woman I really like and my kids call her "Grandma." (lol... she's only 43 and never been married or had children... so she suddenly has 5 grown kids and 4 grandkids... ) I hope things work out with you guys.
Thanks - they have - I have my child so I'm happy now and when ever they want a relationship we're here. My husband's ex has been communicating a lot with us, which has been nice.

That's pretty cool with your dad and his wife. I don't think I'm ready to be called grandma but a few little ones in the future would be nice, especially a girl as girl clothing is so cute. I think I'd leave the grandma title to his ex as I wouldn't want to compete or take the away from her.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #19
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yay for a Poly mama! I'm not one myself (I honestly know I could never do it), but I'm totally supportive of those that do/can. I loved watching the Sister Wives show on TLC. I had never really known much about polygamy before then. It really opened my eyes. I hate when people assume how "that world" does stuff. My Mom brings up the old ways (you can't leave a poly family, they are strict, women are slaves.. blah blah.. I swear she gets this stuff from weird's!!). I really liked the show.

I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years. We have a 3 year old and are pregnant with #2. He doesn't seem to be in any hurry or have any interest in getting married. Although I for sure want to, I feel it's kind of a 'non-traditional' relationship. I don't think I could ever be a long-term partner person.. I definitely want to get married. But it makes me sad to be frowned upon because we are 'different', and not following custom.

I'm all for a non-judgemental place to chat.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #20
scairns
Registered Users

I guess we could be non traditional, I have 4 kids from a previous relationship and am due with number 5 in Oct to my wonderful hubby now so we will be a blended family, the kids have not known bio dad so they call my new hubby dad. Their bio dad calls every few years to ask me to get back with him and ask how the kids are, asks if he can visit them I say sure no problem jsut tell me when then he doesnt call for another few years. So not sure if we qualify but thought I would say howdy to all you ladies in here.
scairns is offline   Reply With Quote