Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
Charrey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Maybe Mastitis?

I think I may have mastitis but I'm not sure? This morning my boob started to feel sore in one spot, and by late afternoon it spread. It's not horrible like I have heard, but it's just sore like they get when I'm about to start my menstrual cycle. I had plugged ducts when breastfeeding my first baby and this feels completely different.

Advertisement

Charrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
FunLovinMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Do you feel sick or have a fever? I have had mastitis several times, and I always feel super sick. try hot a compress, hot showers, massage the affected breast, and nurse, nurse, nurse. Drink plenty of water too! Hope you feel better!
Old 09-04-2011, 01:37 AM   #3
Charrey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Maybe Mastitis?

I didn't have any other symptoms which is why I was questioning whether I had it, but dd just woke up for a 2am feeding and now I have the fever over 100, aches, headache, nausea. Aye

I've been really stressed and sleep deprived from moving last weekend and I suppose this is my body's way to tell me to slow down. I missed a few feedings at that time without pumping to make up for it..recipe for disaster. I wonder if my old doctor will prescribe me antibiotics over the phone if I can get ahold of him?...on Labor Day weekend of course!! Otherwise I'm going to have to find a clinic in our new area.

This really stinks because tomorrow we were going to be working on the old house to get it ready to sell We have someone interested who wants to look at it on Tuesday but that's not happening now.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Hope you start feeling better mama!
Old 09-04-2011, 09:37 PM   #5
Chessie
Registered Users
seller

A walk-in clinic can help you too. Especially when you tell them all the symptoms, it's pretty common, but it can get worse fast. Hope you get seen soon.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
Charrey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I called my midwife where we used to live and she prescribed me an antibiotic over the phone, yay
My husband stayed home to watch the kids today and let me sleep for a few hours and I still feel run down but better.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:13 PM   #7
DevonP
Registered Users
seller

Go to bed as much as possible!!! And hot compresses and nurse, nurse, nurse! I got it once when my son was about 5 weeks and then for the next month or so every time I would get run down it would threaten to come back. Everything I read said one of the main triggers is not getting enough rest. Hope you feel better soon! It is just dreadful.
DevonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:04 AM   #8
quiquiriqui
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just got it too this weekend and my symptoms were just pain on my right side at first so I didn't think anything of it. Within a couple hours I had every symptom on the list! It has been a long weekend and I'm so glad the in-laws are here to help my husband. My parents would have come, but it is easier having your own parents help I'm sure. I've been nursing on the left and pumping on the right because I couldn't take the pain.

Xaviana: August 19th, 2011
quiquiriqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #9
Charrey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm feeling much better today, but still very run down. We worked on cleaning up our old house in order to get it ready to sell. I know I did too much but we really need to sell the house so we can stop paying two mortgages. I hope it does not come back, I will do my best to take it easy this week but it's so hard when I'm home with both kiddos!
Old 09-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #10
FunLovinMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Glad you are feeling better. That was nice your mid wife called in a script for you. Last time I had it my baby was a month old. My ob would not call one in for me, so I had to drag myself to the er with a 104 fever. It was awful.