Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2011, 08:44 AM   #1
KellBello24
Registered Users
seller

Potty Pail

Anyone have the Potty Pail (the pail and sprayer)? Is it worth the $70 that it costs? Seems like a lot of money to pay for a bucket and sprayer, but it does look like it would make clean-up incredibly easy. Thoughts?

Advertisement

KellBello24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
french-kissed
Registered Users
seller

Re: Potty Pail

Yes and yes. The sprayer itself is amazing. I actually had a weaker sprayer before, and it was a PITA to turn it all the way off if I was going away for a weekend or something. The Potty Pail Sprayer is super strong, but easily adjusts to a lower flow or turns off (the quarter-turn shutoff is the term you want to see when looking for a sprayer!). The Pail itself helps keep the bathroom clean, and the ability to soak for a while is really nice. It can get a little grungy over time but I started squirting toilet bowl cleaner on it once a week and then spraying it down with the sprayer and it looks like new- have been using it 10 months now.
french-kissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

I haven't used it, but I bumped another thread for you called the "spray pal" you may want to consider it too! I like the concept of it better than a bucket, since you can squeeze out the water....
theonenonlymrssmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:54 AM   #4
KellBello24
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for bumping the Spray Pal thread. That looks really cool! My goal is to avoid dirty water spraying all over the bathroom, and this looks like it would definitely solve that problem!
Old 09-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellBello24
Thanks for bumping the Spray Pal thread. That looks really cool! My goal is to avoid dirty water spraying all over the bathroom, and this looks like it would definitely solve that problem!
It is a ton more compact than the bucket too, which I am all for! Love that you can squeeze out the diaper too without getting too down and dirty. if you order one, let me know how it works...I'm not due till November so I have a long wile to make a decision.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:22 PM   #6
KellBello24
Registered Users
seller

I'll definitely let you know if I get one. I'm still torn. I like the idea of being able to soak a stinky morning diaper in the Potty Pail. And I like that you can just spray down the inside of the Potty Pail with some bleach if it gets nasty and then rinse with the sprayer...and have it drain into the toilet. Rather than have to wipe down the surface of the Spray Pal if it gets poopy.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #7
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellBello24
I'll definitely let you know if I get one. I'm still torn. I like the idea of being able to soak a stinky morning diaper in the Potty Pail. And I like that you can just spray down the inside of the Potty Pail with some bleach if it gets nasty and then rinse with the sprayer...and have it drain into the toilet. Rather than have to wipe down the surface of the Spray Pal if it gets poopy.
Hmm...never thought about soaking. (hoping hubby will buy me a laundry sink in our new house!) but then where would you keep the bucket so that you don't have it sitting on the floor where baby could get it? You can always keep those lysol wipes under the cabinet for the spray pal too...hmmm..you could totally make a pail though without spending 70$ and buy the drain plug at home depot...
Old 09-06-2011, 12:39 PM   #8
KellBello24
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonenonlymrssmith View Post
Hmm...never thought about soaking. (hoping hubby will buy me a laundry sink in our new house!) but then where would you keep the bucket so that you don't have it sitting on the floor where baby could get it? You can always keep those lysol wipes under the cabinet for the spray pal too...hmmm..you could totally make a pail though without spending 70$ and buy the drain plug at home depot...
We have a toilet in our laundryroom/mudroom (but no laundry sink), so I'd probably just keep in on the floor next to that toilet. We have a baby proof thing on the door knob of that room so the kids can't get in there.

And I have been considering just showing the picture to my hubby and asking him to make me a potty pail. Like you said, you could probably get all of the stuff you need from Home Depot and make it for a ton less than $70.

But the Potty Pail does lack the cool squeegee feature.

Decisions decisions.