Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #11
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: If I ever get pregnant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbutt Diapers View Post
YES!
I woke up sick and achy this morning, and as I'm throwing up my husband asks "why are you laughing?!?!" all I could think while puking was "maybe... maybe... maybe! Gotta find a test for tomorrow!"
Ha ha!! Fingers crossed for you!!!

Advertisement

Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:30 PM   #12
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know girl..
Old 08-14-2011, 11:00 PM   #13
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

After DH and I got married, we tried for 6 years to get pregnant. We went through lots of tests and tears, and eventually, an IVF that ended up working. I often felt that once I got that positive test, I would never ever whine or moan about it. And then, when DD2 (I got pg while using protection when I was 17, DD1 was 13 when DD2 was born-secondary IF REALLY sucks) was a year old, DH and I amazingly got pg on our own.

I just have to say that, honestly, both pregnancies sucked. They were SO rough on my body. Thankfully nothing serious was actually really WRONG, but I could really feel just how hard it was on my body and how much it taxed my body. Even now, DD3 is 11 months old, I really feel the lasting effects, things that will likely be permanent.

DH and I are sort of whatever/TTC-ing, I guess, right now, for #4. And while I like the idea of having 4 kids, I also struggle with it, and if we get a positive test, I will probably be as freaked out as happy, and NOT looking forward to another pg, even with the prospect of additional IF things going on.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:23 AM   #14
skyericsson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Amen!

I admit I loved being preg and with our dd and ds that made it to be here with us the pregnancies were easy, but yeah I hear ya!
cosleeping, conservative yet extra crispycrunchy wife to my loving DH and sahm of our gorgeous princess sophia9/03 and cutie pie prince sven 8/07 and our beautiful sweet rainbow preemie born at 30 weeks Sång (pronounced "song")
skyericsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #15
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:57 PM   #16
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
It's why many of us have trouble bonding with others in the DDCs. While they vent about the "wrong gender," gaining weight and being uncomfortable, mamas from S&S just stay thankful there's a baby alive in there and pray for another day!
This. Completely.

I won't say I've been graceful this entire pregnancy, but it's hard to identify with women complaining about stretch marks when I'm thankful I'm big enough to get them.

Now that I'm almost to the finish line, my parents - and complete strangers - keep trying to commiserate with me about how miserable I must be. They ask me how I am. I just say, "Grateful."

(But if, when you're pregnant - because you WILL get there! - you burst into tears at some point because you're so hungry but afraid of throwing up one more time, don't be too hard on yourself. We all pray for babies. Nobody prays to be miserable. It just happens to be a side effect.)

*TTC a sticky baby since Jan '15. Hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:24 PM   #17
Dewberri
Registered Users
seller

Agreed.

And how about those people who keep taking meds, etc. that are not safe (Class C) because "whatever is good for the mother is good for the pregnancy"... Some people take that WAY too far. It kills me what those mamas could be doing to their LOs... I know they just don't believe there'll be any effect on the fetus, but really?!

:sigh:

My hobby: Fluff-n-Stuff -> Temp. on hold while I rebuild my stash for the newbie
Dewberri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #18
mommymandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OO all I can say is stay positive and never give up thru the struggles I always tried to remember how exciting it was to get pregnant and the thought of that kept me going

Fx you get your BFP soon

www.AmandaGreene.OrigamiOwl.com
"You tell stories with words, we tell stories with jewelry"
mommymandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:27 AM   #19
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

Well I'm going to be the opposing side. We did IF treatments both times to get pregnant and spend buttloads of money on meds etc. While I was overjoyed to be pregnant and celebrated everything I still had moments of misery. More with this one than DD but still I am not sure we have a right to tell moms they can't whine a little. Isn't getting to whine and be waited on a part of being pregnant? It doesn't mean they aren't super happy about the baby. The gender thing I will never understand because I never had this super huge desire to have a specific gender but to each their own. It confuses me when people ask if I'm happy or upset to be having a boy or girl etc but I just blow them off. I have experienced excrutiating back and sciatic nerve pain during pregnancy....to the point that I cannot walk and am in tears. It doesn't change the fact that I love every moment of that pregnancy but I still needed someone to listen to me, otherwise I felt alone and the pain overwhelmed me. I guess I just don't believe it is fair to judge anyone's pregnancy and whether they are greatful for the baby or not because they whine about normal pregnancy complaints.
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #20
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingPeaMama View Post
Well I'm going to be the opposing side. We did IF treatments both times to get pregnant and spend buttloads of money on meds etc. While I was overjoyed to be pregnant and celebrated everything I still had moments of misery. More with this one than DD but still I am not sure we have a right to tell moms they can't whine a little. Isn't getting to whine and be waited on a part of being pregnant? It doesn't mean they aren't super happy about the baby. The gender thing I will never understand because I never had this super huge desire to have a specific gender but to each their own. It confuses me when people ask if I'm happy or upset to be having a boy or girl etc but I just blow them off. I have experienced excrutiating back and sciatic nerve pain during pregnancy....to the point that I cannot walk and am in tears. It doesn't change the fact that I love every moment of that pregnancy but I still needed someone to listen to me, otherwise I felt alone and the pain overwhelmed me. I guess I just don't believe it is fair to judge anyone's pregnancy and whether they are greatful for the baby or not because they whine about normal pregnancy complaints.
It's because for a lot of us it's not about the waiting or the money, it's about the death of our children, in my case 3 in the second trimester. It's hard for me to hear other women whine about something I would LOVE to be worried about. Instead I only worry about death. Vomitting, stretch marks, cravings, all that is trivial and meaningless to me and I wish like crazy I was in the position to worry about the trivial and meaningless.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote