Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-21-2011, 02:35 PM   #11
laurenmichelle
Registered Users
seller

Re: What can I use to clean pump parts at work?

I do the parts in the fridge trick. I do work out of my car 2/3 days, and I just wrap the parts in paper towel and put in the a cooler bag with lots of ice packs. when i work in the office 1 day, I put them in the cooler bag in the fridge. I don't rinse, just wrap in paper towels. After my last pumping session of the day (usually only 2) I rinse with water and then wash them at home.

however, like someone else said i do have a few of the steam bags in my pump bag just in case i need to sanitize them. with DS1 i kept a tiny tupperware container of liquid dish soap just in case I really needed to wash.

Advertisement

Old 09-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #12
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What can I use to clean pump parts at work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawbs View Post
I do the fridge thing too...but I also have the medela steam bags (they're like $5 for a 5 pack) taht I keep one of in my pump bag--because some days, something icky can happen at work (like dropping them on the floor in the break room or my car interior. ick) and then all I need to sterilize them is 3 minutes and a microwave.

Note that while it's $5 for a 5 pack, each bag can be used up to 20 times, so it's not quite as bad as it sounds.
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote