Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2011, 12:17 AM   #11
qtytot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth Diapering in Japan

I bought our first stash of flats and covers off base because I can only find gerber PFs in the Exchange. DH even installed our sprayer from materials bought at Viva home. I think the baby stores also sell CD detergent. Finding out I can have items from the US shipped to our base address fed my diaper addiction. DH probably regret telling me that info

Advertisement

Old 09-03-2011, 12:22 AM   #12
qtytot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love the wool wraps sold in Nishimatsuya, too bad it is only until size60. Good thing I found out on here that knitted/crochet ones also works. I knit and crochet caps, booties and clothes for DD while I was pregnant but did not even think of knitting covers.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:23 PM   #13
nrgburst
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I ship to a friend in the US who ships to me. I don't have a problem with drying- we have a sunny balcony and a second hand dryer for rainy season. Thicker diapers take a looong time to line dry though (GM fitteds, BG elementals and AIOs)- a full 24 hours if it isn't windy.
Were you OK in the typhoon?

ISO/IHA here
nrgburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:58 PM   #14
qtytot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgburst View Post
I ship to a friend in the US who ships to me. I don't have a problem with drying- we have a sunny balcony and a second hand dryer for rainy season. Thicker diapers take a looong time to line dry though (GM fitteds, BG elementals and AIOs)- a full 24 hours if it isn't windy.
Were you OK in the typhoon?
Just saw your siggy, congrants on the new baby.

We are not allowed to dry in the veranda so I hang the CDs near the window in the laundry room.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:20 AM   #15
nrgburst
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtytot View Post
Just saw your siggy, congrants on the new baby.

We are not allowed to dry in the veranda so I hang the CDs near the window in the laundry room.
Cheers! I need to make a new icon.

That sucks! Is that because you live on base? Futons and laundry are hung out by everyone I know- sunny days mean laundry fluttering on the entire south side of our building!

ETA: BTW, seconding Nishimatsuya for cheap baby clothes and cute diaper covers- I much prefer the Japanese covers to Western brands. They're just so much softer because they're made with cotton, and yet still waterproof! The aplix is also nicer- it won't roll and irritate baby's belly because it isn't a strip; it's more like a panel, and flush with the rest of the cover, not sticking out. They also sell flats, but honestly, I prefer prefolds- less bulk and take up less room on the drying rack.

ISO/IHA here

Last edited by nrgburst; 09-11-2011 at 12:27 AM. Reason: forgot to add comment
Old 09-11-2011, 12:27 AM   #16
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

I am in Germany, different climate but super cold winters with tons of snow. I line dry year round. I use a stand indoors if needed. Many people here dry clothes in the attic.

It is absolutly doable.

I have a big fold up stand. I also have one that goes over the heaters and one that goes over the bathtub.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:37 AM   #17
nrgburst
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My drying rack looks like this:
There are cheaper all-plastic versions, but the metal ones are awesome- my MIL has ones she has used for 30+ years that are still going strong.

I find that flats, pockets and MF dry within a few hours- I can put them out in the morning and they are dry by the afternoon. Natural fiber diapers feel stiffer if you hang dry though- just shake them a bit to soften before hanging up. Dryers make fabrics feel soft by beating air into them, and you can do something similar manually.

ISO/IHA here
Old 09-11-2011, 08:33 AM   #18
qtytot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a plastic drying rack from the 100-yen shop. It's 3 years old now but still fine.

We went to Nishimatsuya today. It's their summer clearance so I bought DD's clothes for next summer.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:37 AM   #19
Jewlicat
Registered Users

I just wanted to say hello I'm new to CDing (3 weeks), Japan (about a month) and DiaperSwappers (I've been here less than 24 hours). :-)
Jewlicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:58 AM   #20
qtytot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewlicat View Post
I just wanted to say hello I'm new to CDing (3 weeks), Japan (about a month) and DiaperSwappers (I've been here less than 24 hours). :-)
Welcome to DS. Where in Japan are you?