Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-11-2011, 06:54 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Enough nutrition at 12 months?

My daughter is coming up on her first birthday, but she isn't a huge fan of most table food and will only eat the baby food in the squishy packs and will only eat about one of those a day. She does not take bottles. For the past two weeks my supply has been drastically dropping. I thought it was because she has started eating a little bit more a day (and seriously mean a little: small handful of cheerios, 1/2 chicken nugget, a small amount of mixed veggies (her handful size) and a small amount of pasta (her handful size) & 1 squishy baby food). She won't drink breastmilk or cow milk or rice milk out of a cup or bottle, and she still nurses 4 times during the day and throughout the night, we cosleep don't ask me how much she actually nurses as I am asleep. I did just find out that I'm about 5 weeks pregnant, and I'm worried that she is slowly weaning herself because of that (hoped to nurse until 18 month-2 years). I wouldn't mind if she weaned if she ate better throughout the day, but I feel like she doesn't eat much at all. How much did your 1 year olds nurse/eat a day? Any advice?

I'm Jami...mama to DS (Jude 8/14/08) and DDs Lyla (9/21/10) and violet (5/8/12).;and wife to Adam, high school sweetheart & soul mate.
jamilynn84 is offline   Reply With Quote