Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #11
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: So sad about nursing less as baby gets older

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4r4h View Post
Okay, so after thinking about your responses ... they surprised me and were not what I expected. It makes me think I should reconsider the approach a bit and offer less food/nurse more. I didn't think she was eating too much but it wouldn't hurt to back it off a bit. Thanks, it's actually a bit of a relief since I was clearly struggling with the change.
I was surprised when you said that she was 8 months. I know that every child is different, but we didn't even start claire on any solids until she was7 or 8 months, and although she likes to eat many different foods, she prefers to nurse. I've been cutting her back since she was about 15 months and I'm pregnant, but she got a UTI at 16 months old and was still getting enough milk nursing that she only nursed for about 6 days before we figured it out and she started getting better. At 19 months she nurses at night, lunchtime, and after dinner/before bedtime, but 50% of her calories are probably coming from BM. I would like to cut her back even more, but I'm having trouble because I'm too lazy to put her to sleep without nursing, lol.

Advertisement