Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

Supplemental Nursing System

Does anyone know where the cheapest place to get a medela sns or lactaid trainer is? Even would be interested if someone has a used one they are no longer using!

Advertisement

Old 09-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

I got mine from the hospital when I had my son. Insurance covered it so it cost nothing to us. I'm not too sure where to get the cheapest one..? Maybe you can call a local lactation service and see how much they sell them for?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 09-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmommyx2
I got mine from the hospital when I had my son. Insurance covered it so it cost nothing to us. I'm not too sure where to get the cheapest one..? Maybe you can call a local lactation service and see how much they sell them for?

You can actually make one pretty easily. You can get the supplies at an independent pharmacy for probably 5-7$. Let me know if you're interested, I can tell you what you'll need.

Last edited by Connor; 09-10-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
greenMamaOwl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessnic
Does anyone know where the cheapest place to get a medela sns or lactaid trainer is? Even would be interested if someone has a used one they are no longer using!
I think I still have the used one that a nice Mama here gave me! Let me check, and I'll get back to you in the AM!
greenMamaOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:07 PM   #5
aept
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Jess,
I have a handed down Medela SNS. It is supposed to come with three sets of tubings: thin, medium, and wide. It only has the thin tubing with it. You would need to find and buy the other "gauges" of tubing and I am not sure where you would do that or how much. I could send it to you FFS. I sterilized it by boiling, tested it out with water to see how it flows, but never tried it or used it with my baby. It wasnt really what we needed for our issues. The mom who used it before me used formula in it and maybe breastmilk too. It is old, she said she used it with all three of her kids and the oldest is a teen. It still has the instruction manual, some tape, all the parts except the other tubing sizes. (The instructions say to start with the medium tubes, btw.)
I got mine by posting a "wanted" on my local reuse-it network (similar to freecycle.) so you might want to try that first to see if you could get one free locally.
PM me or repost here if you want the one I have FFS. If you don't want it I plan to give it to my friend who is a LLL leader.

aept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #6
chickeedoodle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Supplemental Nursing System

Did you get my email?