Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #11
BBBmOm
Registered Users
seller
seller

DS is only nursing 2x a day (morning and night) and he is right at 12 m
He is a pig though, not a table food yet he won't cram in his mouth...but he can have those 2 nursing sessions for as long as he wants...I'll take what I can get lol!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 08-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #12
ferociousb
Registered Users
seller

My 14 month old dd nurses just about constantly it seems if she needs comfort, if she's hungry, thirsty...bored lol (bedtime, naptime, after waking up) but then that's mostly when we're home. If we're out and about she could care less unless she is ready to nap. AND she still eats 3 meals and snacks!

She also nurses once during the night at about 3-5am.

My last son nursed for 16 months nearly round the clock and I had to wean him bc I got pg.

Like the pps said, it's great if it works for both of you
ferociousb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #13
mylilboyblue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How often does your toddler nurse?

My 13 month old still nurses like a infant. He nurses every 2-3 hours all night long. Wakes up has cheerios and fruit for breakfast. Nurses again around 10am, noon, 2pm (he naps at this point and will nurse on and off during his 3 hour nap (yes, I get TONS of stuff done ), then he eats dinner, bath time, nurses to sleep. Then we begin the every 2-3 hours again. Some days I get frustrated and want him to nurse less, but most of the time I enjoy it cause they grow up too fast.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #14
Selene
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm a teacher and in July when I was still working DS was 16 months and nursing every 2 hours or so at night and then usually once when he woke up, once when I got home from work and once before bed. Since I have been home during summer vacation I nightweaned DS (which I thought would be implossible but it went fairly well) and transitioned him from cosleeping to a crib in his bedroom Didn't really plan on the crib transition but there was no way he was nightweaning otherwise and he has really thrashing around too much at night for DH and I to actually sleep.

Anyway. Now at 18 months he nurses before bed at 8pm and then not again til 6 am or so (the rule is no boobie until the sun is up!). Buuutt he has started nursing more during the day. Maybe 6x or so? They sure love to nurse don't they?
Old 08-23-2011, 10:47 PM   #15
FruitLoopLexi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

when my oldest was 17 months she only nursed to sleep. nap, bedtime, and once at night to fall back asleep. she weened at 18 months
FruitLoopLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #16
mamayogibear
Registered Users

My Mood:

My son is finally one and nurses just as much as he did when he was six months old! But he eats real food now too. I think the only think that has changed over time is that he has added real food to his diet. I am just worried when he goes in for his one year check up next week they will blame him being skinny on his still nursing!
Old 09-05-2011, 12:36 AM   #17
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki
DD is almost 16mos, and still nursing every hour or two in the daytime, before naps and bedtime, and first thing in the morning. She gets three solid meals plus snacks throughout the day but doesn't eat much at each meal. I only nurse when she asks, and I offer water and solid snacks before nursing. Is this typical at her age?
Yes, completely normal
My DS is 23 months and nurses just as often as your dd plus 2-3 times during the night.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #18
Nightowl Jan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My 23 month old nurses once at night before bed for about 10-15 minutes and a few times a week during the day for a few minutes. I am done at the end of the month when she turns 2 so my husband can put her to bed instead and I can focus on bfing my newborn.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #19
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Claire nurses 3 x a day approximately, and nurses through the night, so probably 5x a day. She would nurse a LOT more if I let her, but I'm conserving resources for the new baby, so I'm cutting her back (albeit reluctantly). I do feel a bit bad about that, but I don't feel that I can eat enough to nourish all of us adequately.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #20
tmwmommy
Registered Users
seller

At that age dd was still nursing at least 6-8 times each day. Now at age 3 she's slowed down to a few times each day. Mostly just for naps and bedtime.
tmwmommy is offline   Reply With Quote