Summer Loving, April Babies 2 5.41%
Summer Diamonds 2 5.41%
Blossoming Bellies 4 10.81%
Blooming Babies 0 0%
Daffodil Babies 0 0%
Tulip Babies 4 10.81%
Spring Lambs 6 16.22%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #141
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: April 2012-Board Name/Daily Chat

I have a sinus cold. With a headache so bad I was vomiting all day yesterday, couldn't keep anything down. It's better today, but still terrible.

And today I had to push through it to be at the bus stop with DD for her first day of Junior kindy. A new stage in both our lives - being home without her is just plain odd.

Advertisement

Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #142
I Dream of Cloth
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChellySnow View Post
I can't think of how pretty the jewelry would be, I think of is slavery, violence, genocide, slaughter, war, rape, mutilation. Buying certified doesn't help, it just made it so DeBeers cartel (who also started the idea of "blood diamonds" and "a diamond is forever") became the main player in the world's diamond supply.

Africans slave over mining diamonds worth billions, making pennies a day. Men are separated from their families, no running water or electricity.

Diamonds are even rare or a precious stone, they're made from carbon which is from almost anywhere but the cartels brutality keeps others from mining.

70% of the world's diamonds set in jewelry are cut & polished in India. Most of the workers are young boy in sweatshops.

The connotation of diamond babies is completely different for me being aware of these things. Conditions are atrocious for the real diamond babies.
You raise a good point. I hadn't thought of that! Back when I got married we used a diamond for my engagement ring that was from my grandmother's sister who was an old widow rather than get a "new" diamond for these reasons.

I think having a name that really goes with April is what people seem to want. Maybe we just need some more ideas? How about something April Showers due to it being the rainy month??

Oh, and am I REALLY just crazy? Because I SWEAR I feel movement in there. I know it's early for flutters and it could be gas but it's not when I'm gassy. There's a distinction there...

Mother to 4 girls : R (6yrs), H (4yrs), P (2yrs), V (born 3/29), and 2 little ones departed from this world.

Last edited by I Dream of Cloth; 09-12-2011 at 10:30 AM.
I Dream of Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #143
susie190
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a bad dream last night and woke up crying so loud that I woke my hubby and the 2 year old. They both tried to comfort me but I apparently needed the cry cause I couldn't stop. I knew I was fine as soon as I was awake but I still couldn't stop my self. My 2 year old was offering me a wipe-y to dry my tears "Want wipe-y, Mommy?" and water "Sip water, Mommy?" to help calm me down and all the time asking "You OK, Mommy?" It was so cute, but I couldn't even appreciate it at the time.

The thing that upset me in the dream was my cousin pushed me down and knocked the wind out of me, I couldn't catch me breath in the dream and I had a sense that everyone in the room thought it was funny. That's when I woke up.

Like easy cash why not give Jingit a try.
susie190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #144
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Dream of Cloth View Post

Oh, and am I REALLY just crazy? Because I SWEAR I feel movement in there. I know it's early for flutters and it could be gas but it's not when I'm gassy. There's a distinction there...
I swore I felt something that was like movement on Saturday. It certainly wasn't a gas bubble, but maybe I was wrong, it is awfully early to feel something. I do recall feeling my son around 11wks though. I don't think you're crazy though.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #145
Jatango
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by susie190
I had a bad dream last night and woke up crying so loud that I woke my hubby and the 2 year old. They both tried to comfort me but I apparently needed the cry cause I couldn't stop. I knew I was fine as soon as I was awake but I still couldn't stop my self. My 2 year old was offering me a wipe-y to dry my tears "Want wipe-y, Mommy?" and water "Sip water, Mommy?" to help calm me down and all the time asking "You OK, Mommy?" It was so cute, but I couldn't even appreciate it at the time.

The thing that upset me in the dream was my cousin pushed me down and knocked the wind out of me, I couldn't catch me breath in the dream and I had a sense that everyone in the room thought it was funny. That's when I woke up.
DDC here from May 2012, sorry you had a horrible rotten dream. I just wanted to add that you have a very kind and very sweet 2 year old. You should be very proud.

Jatango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:39 PM   #146
susie190
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatango

DDC here from May 2012, sorry you had a horrible rotten dream. I just wanted to add that you have a very kind and very sweet 2 year old. You should be very proud.
Thank you. He is very sweet most of the time last night being one of those times.

I am so full. I haven't eating anything in hours but I feel like I just ate too much.

Like easy cash why not give Jingit a try.
susie190 is offline   Reply With Quote