Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #11
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Re: 9-13-11 chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnzsOut View Post
Hi y'all. I hope you all feel better soon. These last few weeks have flown by, and I'm hoping it continues until I get into the 2nd trimester - then I want to actually enjoy this pregnancy because it will likely be my last! Hopefully you all will get to do the same

I'm having a pretty good day despite the very small amount of sleep I got last night - just tired. I had class this morning, and DS went to his first day at preschool! He did GREAT - especially for a kid that has never been in a classroom setting. He literally walked right in and didn't turn back. Apparently he got sad a few times, but he was smiling when I picked him up! He passed out in the car about 2 minutes after we left and he's still sleeping
aw that's exciting, glad he did so well.

Is it wrong that I am actually HAPPY to be working tonight? (my shift was changed so I am only on until 9) so much easier to sit here and ds surf than to take care of dd - she goes to bed AWFUL for me since I don't regularly put her to bed because of work.

Advertisement

Old 09-13-2011, 02:24 PM   #12
imjustjessa
Registered Users

I'm exhausted, and kind of grump.

Today was my day off, so I've been able to relax for most of the day, but it hasn't helped.
imjustjessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:46 PM   #13
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have had a busy day, and now that it is slowing down I am getting sleepy I can't stop yawning. Now I have to find some sort of energy, it is my 8 year anniversary and we are taking the kids out to eat for dinner... yay for Mexican food!!!
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #14
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Dream of Cloth View Post
I'm with you all, ladies. I'm exhausted too! My husband came to bed last night from working on homework around 2am which made me wake up. Then I could NOT get back to sleep no matter how hard I tried! The last time I looked at the clock it was a quarter to 6 and then I finally fell back asleep. I am completely WRECKED today.

I put the kids down for a nap as soon as they finished eating lunch and let them just play in their cribs and hang out while I caught on some sleep. I'm a "school widow" tonight too because my husband has a class (he just began a PhD program!) and that means I have to put the kids to bed myself tonight.

Just 3 hours until bed time and then I can go back to sleep.
Wow, "school widow" is an actual term? I've never heard of that. If that's the case, them I'm a permanent "army widow" because I never know when my husband will be home. Tonight and again tomorrow night he's at the range and I'm not expecting him till 10ish or 11ish.

Not saying that to attack you or anything, I just truly never heard of widow being used that way...
Old 09-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #15
legable
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've done a whole lot of nothing today. I did go and get my prenatal bloodwork drawn, yuck. DH and I were both off, but he spent all day outside re-pointing the bricks on our house. So it was just me and DS hanging out all day. Although I did catch his coloring with his toes this afternoon!
legable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #16
crunch!910
Registered Users

I'm stressed out beyond belief. DS needs dress shirt for my sister's wedding on October 1st. NOT A SINGLE PLACE around here sells dress clothes for 2T!!! All the suits and fancy dress clothes start at 4. I even went online and can't find anything! I jsut want to throw something through a window! ARRRRG!!!

Last edited by crunch!910; 09-13-2011 at 04:42 PM.
crunch!910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #17
I Dream of Cloth
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
Wow, "school widow" is an actual term? I've never heard of that. If that's the case, them I'm a permanent "army widow" because I never know when my husband will be home. Tonight and again tomorrow night he's at the range and I'm not expecting him till 10ish or 11ish.

Not saying that to attack you or anything, I just truly never heard of widow being used that way...
Nope, it appears to be real! Google "school widow". I know it doesn't seem like a big deal to have my dh gone a few nights a week compared to what army wives deal with. I'll admit, I'm a wimp! I wouldn't be able to handle that. When my husband goes away on 2 week long business trips, that is my absolute limit! Anyway, I think I first heard the term from my best friend. Her husband is also a PhD student but he's also a TA so is even busier and is at the mercy of the professor he's studying under. When my husband decided to keep going to school he'd promise he'd NEVER be a TA, especially after seeing the while he was getting his Masters and how stressed out they were. He is trying to do his on the fast track though because he doesn't want it to drag on for years and years.

Mother to 4 girls : R (6yrs), H (4yrs), P (2yrs), V (born 3/29), and 2 little ones departed from this world.
I Dream of Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:25 PM   #18
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
I'm stressed out beyond belief. DS needs dress shirt for my sister's wedding on October 1st. NOT A SINGLE PLACE around here sells dress clothes for 2T!!! All the suits and fancy dress clothes start at 4. I even went online and can't find anything! I jsut want to throw something through a window! ARRRRG!!!
This might be too casual for a wedding, but maybe it will work?

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=676444012

This one might be a little nicer - they have 24 mos and 3T, but the sizing is generous (ds normally wears 2T, but can wear 18 mo shirts in Children's Place clothes): http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp...20tops_babyboy

Last edited by LnzsOut; 09-13-2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: add link
LnzsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #19
susie190
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My medicaid has been approved but I have to wait for Oct for it to kick in. I can go to a regular doc this month though if I wanted. :eye roll:

Like easy cash why not give Jingit a try.
susie190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #20
VWgurl619
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by susie190
My medicaid has been approved but I have to wait for Oct for it to kick in. I can go to a regular doc this month though if I wanted. :eye roll:
How sweet that it was approved! I wish I didn't live in a crappy state.

https://www.facebook.com/MickeyWorldTravelSaraRobinson
VWgurl619 is offline   Reply With Quote