Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #11
Mama2GBGB08
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Milk protein allergy vs. sensitivity vs. foremilk/hindmilk imbalance?

Thanks for your responses, mama's. I wanted to test him out so this morning I ate a Zone Perfect nutrition bar that had soy, milk, and wheat in it and he nursed about half hour later. Super stinky gas and very uncomfortable. Then cried every time I tried laying him down, even if he was sleeping - he would just wake up and cry, cry, cry.

Yeah, I am almost 100% sure I have a dairy baby. I was just wondering about the foremilk/hindmilk imbalance b/c my bff baby had it and she has brought it up to me a few times but everything I read about that includes green, frothy stools and ds has *not* had any of those.

Advertisement

Old 09-13-2011, 01:51 PM   #12
wendow
Registered Users
seller

Re: Milk protein allergy vs. sensitivity vs. foremilk/hindmilk imbalance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_oz_girl View Post
That sounds like what my nephew dealt with. He's totally intolerant to all lactose though, can't even nurse (SIL isn't dumb and did the elimination diet perfectly to cut out all dairy of all kinds, even the 'hidden' sources that's she's used to cutting out due to BIL's issues with lactose) because he's so sensitive. It is well worth the try though to eliminate dairy from your diet to check. Even a few days to a couple weeks off of it should give you a marked improvement enough to see if that's what's going on.
This is really interesting to me. You always read that true lactose intolerance in babies is so incredibly rare so I never really considered that with my ds1. But he also could not drink bm even on TED. It always bothered his tummy. He ended up having to drink an amino acid-based formula. He is almost 3 and still cannot tolerate any cow's milk products. Wonder if it is a lactose issue more than a dairy protein problem...course I am not brave enough to try Lactaid milk or anything...his reactions to even trace amounts of milk are awful
Old 09-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #13
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2GBGB08

Yes, he spits up...and it changes. It is sometimes really watery and other times curdled. He has projectile vomited also.
Curdled spit up is def the milk protein that his tummy isn't able to breakdown! Most babies will outgrow it, however we are still df at 23 months. Good luck mama! Do you know all the names that are actually dairy?
Old 09-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #14
Bethan_77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My son has a dairy and corn sensitivity, and had many of those same symptoms. Concentrate on what you can eat, rather than what you cannot eat.