Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2011, 04:31 PM   #41
newtocloth2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Homemade Cloth-Diaper Laundry Detergent

Thank you! I've never used Dawn, and was quite confused when there were 2 kinds of original blue Dawn available.

Advertisement

Old 08-31-2011, 05:30 PM   #42
*LizziesLoops*
Registered Users
Formerly: angelami4
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've been using this recipe without the Dawn and it works great. I use 1-2 scoops (The Sun Oxy scoop - it's really small) per load and it's not failed me yet ^_^
~Amy Eddie: Heather (1/7/2007), Mikayla (11/4/2009), an angel baby (3/29/11), and Michael Edward(3/22/12) We are now expecting baby #4 in January 2014!!!

*LizziesLoops* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #43
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LizziesLoops* View Post
I've been using this recipe without the Dawn and it works great. I use 1-2 scoops (The Sun Oxy scoop - it's really small) per load and it's not failed me yet ^_^
So glad you like it, mama! Thanks for the feedback. I really want to know how this is working for other mamas and what type of washer and water you have.
I only use natural fibers against lo's skin due to allergies and without the dawn, my dipes were getting clean but my bamboo flats had a little wet dog smell to them straight out of the washer that drove me crazy. Some mamas don't have this issue, though bc we all use different types of diapers & fabrics and have different types of washers & water based on where we live.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #44
Brandy1010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Mommy2Daniel= View Post
I had to go to the kitchen and check... my Dawn is the original blue ultra concentrated. I don't know how other brands will work bc I've never tried them. I figure since the Dawn is what's used to strip dipes, it must be cd-safe which is why I use it........ that and I already have it on hand in my kitchen.
I must have used the wrong dawn because it didn't clean my diapers I'm going to pick up the ultra concentrated and see if that works!

How many rinses do you usually have to do?
Brandy1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #45
nutkase
Registered Users
seller

Has anyone tried this in a FL? I need something to replace the Tide Ultra and would love to try this, just worried about suds...
Old 09-02-2011, 01:51 PM   #46
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy1010 View Post
I must have used the wrong dawn because it didn't clean my diapers I'm going to pick up the ultra concentrated and see if that works!

How many rinses do you usually have to do?
I would definitely use the ultra. Otherwise, you'll need a boatload more Dawn to get everything clean AND you'll get way too many suds. Let me know how it works for you.

UPDATE: For those of you wondering.... I'm not convinced ds is teething yet but was hoping that was the case bc his bottom has been very red lately.
Anyways, we just got back home from the pedi...... ds has a yeast infection
Most likely from something he's ate, recently. Pedi coached me on introducing new foods in 3-day increments to monitor any reactions
Old 09-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #47
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutkase View Post
Has anyone tried this in a FL? I need something to replace the Tide Ultra and would love to try this, just worried about suds...
I have a local friend who's also cd'ing!
Anyways, she's got a FL washer and is also testing my recipe. I'll let you know when I talk to her again and get some feedback. I asked her to test it and LMK what amount works for her.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:52 PM   #48
nutkase
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Mommy2Daniel= View Post
I have a local friend who's also cd'ing!
Anyways, she's got a FL washer and is also testing my recipe. I'll let you know when I talk to her again and get some feedback. I asked her to test it and LMK what amount works for her.
Please do! I would love to know how it works for her!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #49
blessedx8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks sooooo much for posting this recipe!!! I've been using this in my HE top-loader for the last week and so far so good! The only problem I've had is with m/f inserts but I've always had trouble keeping them from getting stinky . The only thing I've done differently is use a little more than you recommend. I use 1 1/2 tablespoons in a smaller load and 2 1/2 in a larger load.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:02 PM   #50
Ladyinwaiting72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I make my own too but have been using Dr not Dawn. I know it's known to cause buildup over time. Right now just my Microfiber towels and my BG 3.0 AIOs are smelling weird.....also my Zorb2 inserts smell off. Is this buildup? Or Ammonia? How do I tell? Just started CD'ing this summer.

How would one strip? Just dawn hot water n lots of rinses????

My GroVia soakers and cotton prefolds are fine.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum App

Last edited by Ladyinwaiting72; 09-13-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Ladyinwaiting72 is offline   Reply With Quote