Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #21
froggymiamore's Avatar
froggymiamore
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: in my own fairytale world
Posts: 1,559
Re: 9-13-11 chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Dream of Cloth View Post

I put the kids down for a nap as soon as they finished eating lunch and let them just play in their cribs and hang out while I caught on some sleep. I'm a "school widow" tonight too because my husband has a class (he just began a PhD program!) and that means I have to put the kids to bed myself tonight.

Just 3 hours until bed time and then I can go back to sleep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
Wow, "school widow" is an actual term? I've never heard of that. If that's the case, them I'm a permanent "army widow" because I never know when my husband will be home. Tonight and again tomorrow night he's at the range and I'm not expecting him till 10ish or 11ish.

Not saying that to attack you or anything, I just truly never heard of widow being used that way...

I know you guys don't mean anything by it at all but I did want to let you know that to real widows, all those cute terms like football widow and such, hurt, a lot. Because as much as we know it must suck to not have your DH there, he's still living and breathing and will be coming back to you. Unlike real widows where we have to parent alone 24/7. I was a widow before I remarried. I had two very small kids, and I can promise you, it sucks, and hearing those cute terms is like a knife in the gut to us.


On a happier note, went out and did grocery shopping at two store and only threw up once in each one! I was pretty proud myself! NMT that's the most I've moved in a while, so my stomach was probably pretty unhappy!
I'm currently counting down the weeks until I hit 18 weeks since that is when I started to feel better with my last pregnancy. Going to be a LONG 11 weeks...

Advertisement

__________________
wife to my best friend SAHM to and and a new GIRL born 4-13-12!!
froggymiamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:44 AM   #22
blueone's Avatar
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: All Over
Posts: 2,491
Re: 9-13-11 chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggymiamore View Post
I know you guys don't mean anything by it at all but I did want to let you know that to real widows, all those cute terms like football widow and such, hurt, a lot. Because as much as we know it must suck to not have your DH there, he's still living and breathing and will be coming back to you. Unlike real widows where we have to parent alone 24/7. I was a widow before I remarried. I had two very small kids, and I can promise you, it sucks, and hearing those cute terms is like a knife in the gut to us.


On a happier note, went out and did grocery shopping at two store and only threw up once in each one! I was pretty proud myself! NMT that's the most I've moved in a while, so my stomach was probably pretty unhappy!
I'm currently counting down the weeks until I hit 18 weeks since that is when I started to feel better with my last pregnancy. Going to be a LONG 11 weeks...
Trust me, I won't use that term and I don't think it's cute. That was my first thought because it's not uncommon for someone to become a widow in the military. I had to take a deep breath and walk away before I asked about the term.
__________________
Happy Wife and Mom to a crazy hyper boy born 7-11-09! and a wonderful daughter born 5-3-12
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:07 AM   #23
VWgurl619's Avatar
VWgurl619
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 5,358
My Mood:
Re: 9-13-11 chat

Morning ladies!

I had my doc appointment yesterday...and it was LAME... I didn't get an ultrasound, but I will next time...in 4 weeks... He did a full check up down there and, well, I guess he is a doctor, but he said it felt like a 8wk pregnancy should?? Now how does he just know what that feels like by prodding down there???? He didn't do heartbeat or anything...I just have to sit and wait another 4 weeks for confirmation/reassurance I guess... I really wish I didn't love my doctor so much...because I'd sooo go somewhere else...He's just so delightful....but he's a doc...
__________________
Sara Disney Junkie Married to Bryan & Mommy to Madilyn 8/09 & Jack 4/12

https://www.facebook.com/MickeyWorldTravelSaraRobinson
VWgurl619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:32 AM   #24
Croch3tingMom3's Avatar
Croch3tingMom3
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWgurl619

How sweet that it was approved! I wish I didn't live in a crappy state.
What state do you live in? Most states have presumptive health care for pregnant ladies (that is what I'm on right now I have an apt about getting the whole things today) they give it to you for 45 days until the other goes through so you can go to the dr right away. I would call your 1-800# or capital city # (which ever they give you) and ask about it.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
__________________
I'm a mother of three almost four and wife of a former service member. I love spending time with my kids, my friends, my church, and my God. Though things don't always go as planned and I can't always see the end He always gets me through. ~ Nychole
Croch3tingMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:36 AM   #25
VWgurl619's Avatar
VWgurl619
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 5,358
My Mood:
I live in Southern IL. I have medical card too but in IL it's not allowed for midwives to deliver at home. We have a medical center 15 min away that has midwives but if I have to go deliver at a hossy anyways might as well be with a doc I trust and delivered my first
__________________
Sara Disney Junkie Married to Bryan & Mommy to Madilyn 8/09 & Jack 4/12

https://www.facebook.com/MickeyWorldTravelSaraRobinson

Last edited by VWgurl619; 09-14-2011 at 07:37 AM.
VWgurl619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:51 AM   #26
moonlightblonde's Avatar
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,364
Re: 9-13-11 chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWgurl619 View Post
Morning ladies!

I had my doc appointment yesterday...and it was LAME... I didn't get an ultrasound, but I will next time...in 4 weeks... He did a full check up down there and, well, I guess he is a doctor, but he said it felt like a 8wk pregnancy should?? Now how does he just know what that feels like by prodding down there???? He didn't do heartbeat or anything...I just have to sit and wait another 4 weeks for confirmation/reassurance I guess... I really wish I didn't love my doctor so much...because I'd sooo go somewhere else...He's just so delightful....but he's a doc...
Yikes, really hoping to not be prodded or anything at my appointment in an hour, though I would love a heartbeat maybe and an appointment for an ultrasound.
__________________
Amber::
Mama to Brooklyn Marie 7/10/08 , Team green turned PINK Rebecca Rose 4/19/2012 & something new coming late March 2014
moonlightblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:09 AM   #27
VWgurl619's Avatar
VWgurl619
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 5,358
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightblonde

Yikes, really hoping to not be prodded or anything at my appointment in an hour, though I would love a heartbeat maybe and an appointment for an ultrasound.
Hoping for a good appt for you and that You get to hear a heartbeat! I wish he would have tried. But at least I have an appt for a ultrasound.
__________________
Sara Disney Junkie Married to Bryan & Mommy to Madilyn 8/09 & Jack 4/12

https://www.facebook.com/MickeyWorldTravelSaraRobinson
VWgurl619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #28
I Dream of Cloth's Avatar
I Dream of Cloth
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 616
Re: 9-13-11 chat

Sorry I pissed everyone off using an offensive term.
__________________

Mother to 4 girls : R (6yrs), H (4yrs), P (2yrs), V (born 3/29), and 2 little ones departed from this world.
I Dream of Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #29
froggymiamore's Avatar
froggymiamore
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: in my own fairytale world
Posts: 1,559
Re: 9-13-11 chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Dream of Cloth View Post
Sorry I pissed everyone off using an offensive term.
Not pissed off, just letting you know it stung a bit. Before I became a widow I never would have thought twice about saying something like that. Sad thing is, I just never thought about the word widow being used to describe someone MY age! It was only older women... but, reality bites sometimes!
__________________
wife to my best friend SAHM to and and a new GIRL born 4-13-12!!
froggymiamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #30
moonlightblonde's Avatar
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,364
Re: 9-13-11 chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWgurl619 View Post
Hoping for a good appt for you and that You get to hear a heartbeat! I wish he would have tried. But at least I have an appt for a ultrasound.
Not much better than yours, though no prodding
__________________
Amber::
Mama to Brooklyn Marie 7/10/08 , Team green turned PINK Rebecca Rose 4/19/2012 & something new coming late March 2014
moonlightblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.