Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 07:03 AM   #11
britMum
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8
Re: Grovia Stay dry soakers?

Hmm, the lack of stay dry insert is one of the reasons I'm trying to get rid of my GroVias. Interesting.

Advertisement

britMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:21 AM   #12
Bukawww's Avatar
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: vegas
Posts: 6,786
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanhtam
the only think I hate were part of the MF expose to baby skin.
Oh geez, well that's definitely not good.
__________________
Liana - WAHM to 4 little mamas and wife to my hawtie dh
Visit my website the Coconut Crush handcrafted soap, soy tarts, & so much more!
'Like' me on Facebook for giveaways, announcements, & even casual chit-chat!
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:22 AM   #13
RockinLou's Avatar
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sandy Springs, GA
Posts: 5,465
Re: Grovia Stay dry soakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukawww View Post
so 80% of the testers LIKED the mf and they still changed it??? That doesn;t make much sense...I like mf. Its squishier, doesn't get flat and stiff...and I've never had stink issues in over 6 years of CDing with it (even with my FLer)
I don't think 80% responded "we love microfiber" but 20% responded "I would never purchase this product because it is made of synthetic fibers"

I wouldn't test with my most loyal customers only to knowingly release a product that 20% of them will never purchase, that's a significant number.

I think that for a company that has been very eco-conscious in their supply and manufacturing, I was surprised to hear they even tested microfiber, it's just not fitting with who they are, IMHO.
__________________
Wife, Mother, WAHM, and cding nut!
DD 1-27-09 DS 6-8-11
My IHA: http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/...psca99bf95.jpg
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #14
Bukawww's Avatar
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: vegas
Posts: 6,786
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou

I don't think 80% responded "we love microfiber" but 20% responded "I would never purchase this product because it is made of synthetic fibers"

I wouldn't test with my most loyal customers only to knowingly release a product that 20% of them will never purchase, that's a significant number.

I think that for a company that has been very eco-conscious in their supply and manufacturing, I was surprised to hear they even tested microfiber, it's just not fitting with who they are, IMHO.
I don't know...PUL is pretty synthetic lol. I just think huge companies like this should go ahead and offer both options if thy can afford to. I actually do 'hate' these cotton blends in the natural dipes as they get so stuff and crinkly after such a short time. But comfort is a big deal to me plus I haven't had to deal with allergies etc.
__________________
Liana - WAHM to 4 little mamas and wife to my hawtie dh
Visit my website the Coconut Crush handcrafted soap, soy tarts, & so much more!
'Like' me on Facebook for giveaways, announcements, & even casual chit-chat!
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #15
mrs.berman's Avatar
mrs.berman
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: RI (but WA will always be my home)
Posts: 288
Re: Grovia Stay dry soakers?

I got a tester and I liked and disliked it. The top part was soft and kept DS dry, but I did not like how the MF on the bottom layer could potentially touch a baby's skin. It looks like (but I'm not sure) the new soakers are going to be the old ones with the stay dry soaker on top. Also, they were a little bulkier than the original soakers, but worked for car trips for us.
__________________
Wife to DH, mother to DD 5/09 and to my 9lbs 6oz natural vbac 4/11


ISO/IHA
mrs.berman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:44 PM   #16
RockinLou's Avatar
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sandy Springs, GA
Posts: 5,465
Re: Grovia Stay dry soakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukawww View Post
I don't know...PUL is pretty synthetic lol. I just think huge companies like this should go ahead and offer both options if thy can afford to. I actually do 'hate' these cotton blends in the natural dipes as they get so stuff and crinkly after such a short time. But comfort is a big deal to me plus I haven't had to deal with allergies etc.
i think it's ironic that people consider a business with fewer than 20 employees "huge" ?

personally, I don't like MF because I can't get the stinks out of it without bleach, which I refuse to even keep in my household. I find that natural fibers wash up better. I will never buy MF, so I'm happy the did the hemp/cotton blend, makes it easy for me to gro my stash!
__________________
Wife, Mother, WAHM, and cding nut!
DD 1-27-09 DS 6-8-11
My IHA: http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/...psca99bf95.jpg
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:43 PM   #17
Bukawww's Avatar
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: vegas
Posts: 6,786
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou

i think it's ironic that people consider a business with fewer than 20 employees "huge" ?

personally, I don't like MF because I can't get the stinks out of it without bleach, which I refuse to even keep in my household. I find that natural fibers wash up better. I will never buy MF, so I'm happy the did the hemp/cotton blend, makes it easy for me to gro my stash!
I have no idea how many employees work for GroVia but once I see them go mainstream, they are 'huge' IMO lol.

To each her own I suppose. I've CD'd for a good long while and tried everything out there. I guess it relies 'huge'ly (lol) on your priorities. I do understand why people prefer the cottons and I've sure tried to love them...but like you with mf, I've had no luck. I will still buy their covers though (especially with the elastic change since the last time I used them).
__________________
Liana - WAHM to 4 little mamas and wife to my hawtie dh
Visit my website the Coconut Crush handcrafted soap, soy tarts, & so much more!
'Like' me on Facebook for giveaways, announcements, & even casual chit-chat!
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.