Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2011, 07:03 AM   #11
britMum
Registered Users
seller

Re: Grovia Stay dry soakers?

Hmm, the lack of stay dry insert is one of the reasons I'm trying to get rid of my GroVias. Interesting.

Advertisement

britMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:21 AM   #12
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanhtam
the only think I hate were part of the MF expose to baby skin.
Oh geez, well that's definitely not good.
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:22 AM   #13
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukawww View Post
so 80% of the testers LIKED the mf and they still changed it??? That doesn;t make much sense...I like mf. Its squishier, doesn't get flat and stiff...and I've never had stink issues in over 6 years of CDing with it (even with my FLer)
I don't think 80% responded "we love microfiber" but 20% responded "I would never purchase this product because it is made of synthetic fibers"

I wouldn't test with my most loyal customers only to knowingly release a product that 20% of them will never purchase, that's a significant number.

I think that for a company that has been very eco-conscious in their supply and manufacturing, I was surprised to hear they even tested microfiber, it's just not fitting with who they are, IMHO.
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #14
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou

I don't think 80% responded "we love microfiber" but 20% responded "I would never purchase this product because it is made of synthetic fibers"

I wouldn't test with my most loyal customers only to knowingly release a product that 20% of them will never purchase, that's a significant number.

I think that for a company that has been very eco-conscious in their supply and manufacturing, I was surprised to hear they even tested microfiber, it's just not fitting with who they are, IMHO.
I don't know...PUL is pretty synthetic lol. I just think huge companies like this should go ahead and offer both options if thy can afford to. I actually do 'hate' these cotton blends in the natural dipes as they get so stuff and crinkly after such a short time. But comfort is a big deal to me plus I haven't had to deal with allergies etc.
DS WAHM thread
Old 09-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #15
mrs.berman
Registered Users
seller

I got a tester and I liked and disliked it. The top part was soft and kept DS dry, but I did not like how the MF on the bottom layer could potentially touch a baby's skin. It looks like (but I'm not sure) the new soakers are going to be the old ones with the stay dry soaker on top. Also, they were a little bulkier than the original soakers, but worked for car trips for us.

ISO/IHA
mrs.berman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:44 PM   #16
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukawww View Post
I don't know...PUL is pretty synthetic lol. I just think huge companies like this should go ahead and offer both options if thy can afford to. I actually do 'hate' these cotton blends in the natural dipes as they get so stuff and crinkly after such a short time. But comfort is a big deal to me plus I haven't had to deal with allergies etc.
i think it's ironic that people consider a business with fewer than 20 employees "huge" ?

personally, I don't like MF because I can't get the stinks out of it without bleach, which I refuse to even keep in my household. I find that natural fibers wash up better. I will never buy MF, so I'm happy the did the hemp/cotton blend, makes it easy for me to gro my stash!
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:43 PM   #17
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou

i think it's ironic that people consider a business with fewer than 20 employees "huge" ?

personally, I don't like MF because I can't get the stinks out of it without bleach, which I refuse to even keep in my household. I find that natural fibers wash up better. I will never buy MF, so I'm happy the did the hemp/cotton blend, makes it easy for me to gro my stash!
I have no idea how many employees work for GroVia but once I see them go mainstream, they are 'huge' IMO lol.

To each her own I suppose. I've CD'd for a good long while and tried everything out there. I guess it relies 'huge'ly (lol) on your priorities. I do understand why people prefer the cottons and I've sure tried to love them...but like you with mf, I've had no luck. I will still buy their covers though (especially with the elastic change since the last time I used them).
DS WAHM thread