Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2011, 05:35 AM   #1
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hormonal Mess?

Anyone finding themselves a hormonal mess? I have almost no patience and I feel like such a bad mom. My son is such a good kid, but if he throws a small tantrum I don't tolerate it like I used to. I'm not hitting him or yelling at him (admittedly I spanked him lightly once, then felt guilty after, I know it doesn't solve anything), but I just am so worn out. At this point, I almost want to just give into his tantrums and let him watch whatever on TV all day.

It's so frustrating, I wasn't this bad the first time around. Even our cat annoys the heck out of me, she has a tendency to fly out and attack me for no reason outside of play. But I swear, she has a death wish at this point (again, I wouldn't really kill her, just making that clear. I just squirt her with water quite often).

Advertisement

Last edited by blueone; 09-16-2011 at 05:36 AM.
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:40 AM   #2
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hormonal Mess?

Oh, I am right there with you!!! I have found myself being quite the handful.. and I really feel bad for my kids. I feel like I need to take a parenting class and find other ways to react to their behaviors... or control my own because half the time what they are doing is really not a big deal at all. I can even associate with the cat thing. Every time I am preggo, I can't even stand LOOKING at my female cat. It isn't even the same for my male cat. Strange I have had my cats since I was pregnant with my first child (12 years), and it has ALWAYS been that way, all pregnancies (this is my 4th child). I love that I can get support here, and see that what I am going through is not out of the ordinary, it is great to have friends who are going through the same thing!
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I find I lose my temper at the drop of a hat if I don't get enough sleep. But for me this time around mostly what has been happening is I cry at everything. Happy, sad, it doesn't matter. I am SO EMOTIONAL. In a way that is helpful because I feel so full of love and joy when I look at my children so I am less likely to be annoyed with them. And yes crying when I think about how much I love them.

But I have had a few instances of losing it with my 2 year old and yelling at her. And my dog has been getting on my nerves too. She is a lap dog and wants to lay on me 24/7.
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:58 AM   #4
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I really hope this baby is a girl like I think because I swear it explains my crazy hormones. I feel like a teen again and on top of that I broke out like crazy too. It's insane. If not, well then I guess this will have just been one crazy different pregnancy. I heard that the babies from tough pregnancies are more laid back, maybe that will be true too. My son turned out to be a very high maintenance baby despite having a really easy pregnancy.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:00 AM   #5
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I broke out like crazy with my last pregnancy. like CRAZY!!!! I was also more like you describe as far as hormones. EVERYTHING got on my nerves. It was terrible as I was working in customer service back then too.

Anyway, she turned out to be a girl.

I haven't broken out at all with this pregnancy. Very unusual for me.
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #6
susie190
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yes my poor two year old is getting the brunt of my irritation. And I go from 0 to angry in no time flat.

Like easy cash why not give Jingit a try.
susie190 is offline   Reply With Quote