Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
misty316
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wool questions,

Ok so I'm want to try wool when I get some money or trade for some. I think from what I have read from a lot of you mamas is that it may help with rash even if its yeast. For it to be more breathable.

So what do you put under the wool? I don't like bulky and vecro doesn't seem to fit dd well. I'm thinkin fitted if thats something you put under it. Is there a fitted that snaps like a Flip? I like the front snaps the way it is on the Flips and BG. I ordered one organic Flip are all pf that bulky, course I still have to fold mine over at the end after pad folding for my lo since it would be way to long. Can u tell I don't know what I'm talking about anyway?

Also how do skirties or wool dresses work as a diaper cover?

With winter coming longies might be a good idea anyway.

Advertisement

misty316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Wool questions,

You can use anything that needs a cover. The Flip organic is not truly a prefold so yes it it bulky. It's not really intended to be folded and snappied even though you can. So a regular cotton prefold would be a good choice. If you like snaps, there are tons of snap options for fitteds. Something basic would be a GMD workhorse or a MEOS or Sandy's.

As far as yeast I really find that it needs to be treated on all fronts to be the most successful. So a daily probiotic, obviously the diapers need to be fully disinfected ever wash then I like coconut oil on the bum. Wool would be helpful in the sense that yeast loves a warm, damp environment so getting some air circulating is always good.

Skirties and dresses work as long as they have an attached soaker. I don't really care for them myself but we use soakers under regular dresses in the summer a lot and longies pretty much every day the rest of the year. Another option is fleece. It's cheap and offers some breathability and is very easy to take care of.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote