Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #61
susie190
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Tonight I want chicken legs for dinner. But they are still frozen in the freezer.

Advertisement

Like easy cash why not give Jingit a try.
susie190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #62
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Re: Food thread!!

Come on guys! Help me! I am a bit hungry, not proud had a carnation instant breakfast before work as I was napping and only had 10 minutes before my shift.

The ONLY thing that sounds good is honey garlic wings. They are REALLY on sale at our grocery store - I have been asking for them all day, earlier I felt sick and couldn't drive. Dp waited to late to go and now they are out..grr.

He insists I NEED to eat, I am planning on blending 2 bananas and heading to bed when I am done. Not the best idea but I can't come up with anything.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #63
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Still irritable - arrg. I don't WANT to be cranky right now but everything is WRONG. Add to that I am hungry, working, and there is NOTHING I want to eat and it isn't going well. I am driving dp NUTS. He wants to help but really can't. I just want to cry.

I was going to have soup - but we only have the wrong kind of bread and I don't like it without toast.

I was going to have french toast but we don't have anything to cut the flavour (I only like them with meat (bacon or sausage) - I don't eat much, maybe one or two slices but I NEED them to eat it) and strawberries but those are apparently going bad (I didn't know we had them before today and didn't really look at them).

I wanted salad but we need more veggies, they finished it all while I was working.

I was going to eat the leftover stir fry/rice but I don't like the only soya sauce we have left.

I think I am settling on chicken strips, peas and a banana smoothie. Not really too excited/happy about it but there is literally nothing that sounds better and dp will kill me if I just go straight to sleep.

I also had 2 slices of toast on break.
I just wish food sounded good and didn't have to be unreasonably specific.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #64
froggymiamore
Registered Users
seller

well applesauce is about the only thing that will stay down today and I figure since there's water in that, I should keep eating that. All the fluids I have drank today have come back up. Fun day today!

I understand the frustration that you are having. I haven't gone grocery shopping in a while and we have almost no food here. And poor DH has been having to care for me, the kids, clean cook and do laundry and hasn't made it to the store either! And since we're probably headed back to the hospital for me tomorrow, I doubt he'll get to shop then either!
Old 09-09-2011, 10:09 PM   #65
susie190
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm so tired of being hungry! Why can't I eat something and have it keep me full for longer then 30 min. Grr. It wouldn't be such an issue if we had some quick and easy food (that sounds good) to eat around here. But we too need to shop.

Like easy cash why not give Jingit a try.
susie190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #66
imjustjessa
Registered Users

Chicken burgers. Preferably breaded. With lots of lettuce and some mayo.
imjustjessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #67
mom2luke&jake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustjessa View Post
Chicken burgers. Preferably breaded. With lots of lettuce and some mayo.
Mmmm that sounds AMAZING right now!!!!
Old 09-16-2011, 11:50 AM   #68
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie190 View Post
I'm so tired of being hungry! Why can't I eat something and have it keep me full for longer then 30 min. Grr. It wouldn't be such an issue if we had some quick and easy food (that sounds good) to eat around here. But we too need to shop.
I KNOW! I have that same problem. My stomach is always growling. I am always in a state of hunger.

Today the cravings versus the m/s really kicked in for me. Well yesterday actually. I craved a turkey sandwich SO badly.

I went shopping at the store and I had to leave because I was buying weird stuff.

Mike and Ike. HAD TO HAVE IT. (haven't had those in about 7 years)
Fresca (never drink Fresca)
Decaf Iced tea. ( I never drink iced tea)
tomatoes
italian dressing.
iceberg lettuce NOT Romaine. (normally prefer romaine)
I lingered in front of the salt and vinegar potato chips for a while. (hate salt and vinegar potato chips normally) but I managed to get out without buying them.
sliced turkey that I plan to heat first.

Last edited by ReadingRenee; 09-16-2011 at 12:46 PM.
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #69
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ugh.. I've been craving ramen noodles of all things! I haven't eaten those awful things in over a decade - lol!
Old 09-16-2011, 03:42 PM   #70
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am sick of eating... I need eat on and off allday to keep msaway... I feel bad for what ido eat... But it's the only thing I can find that sounds good... So I abetting I have GAINED A lot so far and that was not in the plan since I am already over weight... But if I don't eat I get sick and who has time to get sick with a 3yr old and a 9month old around... My dh is no help with cooking or housework... So my house is a wreck and cooking is getting hard to do too...
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote