Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
katml
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
blueberry vs flip

I am accustom to flips, I would like to know how these covers compare to the flips and last? Blueberry has the cutest prints/solids ever!

Want to know sizing if they are bigger smaller or comparable?

Advertisement

katml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:01 AM   #2
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: blueberry vs flip

You will probably get differing opinions on this. But I hated BB coveralls. I was used to the flip cover being really stretchy and the front panel spreading out nicely across baby's belly. the BB doesn't stretch at all, felt crunchy and stiff to me, and the rise snaps kept unsnapping, it drove me crazy and I sold it.

I also had the pink on chocolate print, and was very disappointed with the pink dots. The trim was bright pink, but the pink dots on the cover were dingy and almost orange looking.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:28 AM   #3
katml
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmm no stretch doesn't sound good! I hope some have better experiences! I really like the gusset options and the fact that people have used them past a year with no complaints, versus all my flips which have relaxed elastic and leak every single night now! It's very frustrating!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #4
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

The fit is different on each kid, you might have better success than I did. The quality of their covers is nice! I didn't like the rise unsnapping all the time though.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #5
katml
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yea that would get irritating! It does happen to me sometimes with flip when she's squirming and I'm trying to fit the cover on lol
She was tiny too and I always find the flips just look so huge on her even at 2 years 21lbs!
I wanna get these and I think they will be reserved as nighttime diapers and I'll use grovia's the ai2, ai0 and my bg elementals during the day!
Old 09-16-2011, 11:17 AM   #6
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Not a fan of BB either but I love Flips. I agree that they aren't very stretchy and I just find them really bulky.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
katml
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I have to definitely rule these out regardless of how much I loveee the prints!
Old 09-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #8
TooBusyBearcubs
Registered Users
Formerly: K**ten
seller

My Mood:

No! Don't rule them out yet!
I actually have and use both brands, and I really LOVE my Coverall.
Holding them both in my hands:
The Flips are stretchier, and slightly softer, but I believe that is because they are a thinner PUL, which means they are also less durable. If my children want to play outside, I make sure to put shorts on DD if she is wearing a Flip. I "baby" all my diapers, but the Coverall is sturdy enough that I don't worry about it tearing.
I've never had any problems with snaps. Ours are super tight. I've actually had more snap problems with the Flips than the Coverall, though I tend to think snap problems are generally isolated incidents, rather than a product defect.
The Blueberry has gussets. The Flip does not. If you have a little one with loose BMs, or super-skinny or super-chunky legs, gussets are your friend. However, I have found the the elastic around the legs of the Flip is a little softer.
The Flip is trimmer. Wider in the crotch, but trimmer around the tush. It is a pretty trim cover over its own insert or a trifolded prefold. I really don't have any illusions of fitting jeans over either, but the Flip wins in the "less bulk" contest. You get a trimmer fit from the Coverall if you snap it down one setting (which we can no longer do).
The Blueberry is a bigger cover. We bought them within a week or two of each other, and my DD (35in, 28lbs) is already pushing the rise of the Flip, while she has plenty of room in the BB. I use the Flips over our smaller fitteds, but the toddler-sized stuff (GMD WH green-edged, Cricketts Toddler) does NOT fit into a Flip, and the cover is questionable over some of our fully-extended OS fitteds. The Coverall, on the other hand, will fit over absolutely anything we own. I highly doubt that either the Blueberry or the Flip would offer a super-snug fit on a newborn (BB actually has newborn-sized Coveralls), but the Blueberry will last much longer on a toddler. I even tested it - unstretched, the BB is at LEAST an inch and a half longer in the rise than the Flip. Harder to tell stretched out - I need a helper for that experiment, so I have to wait until DH gets home.
I don't notice much of a difference in the tummy area. They both lay relatively flat. My DD is skinny, so we often have to set the waist snaps slightly tighter than the leg snaps. The snaps on the Flip are a little closer together, which can make that a little more difficult.
And YES - the Blueberry stuff is SO MUCH CUTER! Their new prints are gorgeous!
I would get one Coverall and see how you like it!
TooBusyBearcubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #9
yellowdog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've not used Flips but I love BB Coveralls. I like the snaps better but have some aplix as well because DH prefers them.

I also just got a couple of Sweet Pea covers and they're basically a cheaper BB option. My Livy Lou has them (and has quick and free shipping!) if you want to look at those (they're only snaps though).
Old 09-16-2011, 03:53 PM   #10
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

BB's are definitely bigger. I think they would fit longer than Flips.