Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #1
purplesue
Registered Users

PP question expanded use

Today I got an email from Paypal saying that my credit card had expired and had been removed. When I tried to add a new card it told me I had to enroll in the expanded use program and let them charge my card $1.95. I know this is not much, but when I went to help to find out more they gave such cryptic answers I thought I would ask you guys if you'd ever heard of this. What do you think?

Advertisement

purplesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:06 PM   #2
zacharysma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: PP question expanded use

I had to do this when I opened a new account. They charge the card the fee but credit it back after you give them the expanded use number that follows the charge on your credit card. You will get a 1.95 credit on you account after so it really isnt a "charge" persay as you get it back but it is a safety issue and a complete pain in the arse too but either way that is it in a nutshell. Hope that helped.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:10 PM   #3
travelinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Did you click on the link in the email or open up a new window? You have to beware fishing emails. You should always open a new window and open www.paypal.com first. If you are unsure if it was a legit email then forward the email to spoof@paypal.com
travelinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:08 PM   #4
Monkeytaylz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have gotten lots of spoof mails from people posing as paypal.....beware!
Monkeytaylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:09 PM   #5
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharysma View Post
I had to do this when I opened a new account. They charge the card the fee but credit it back after you give them the expanded use number that follows the charge on your credit card. You will get a 1.95 credit on you account after so it really isnt a "charge" persay as you get it back but it is a safety issue and a complete pain in the arse too but either way that is it in a nutshell. Hope that helped.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:13 PM   #6
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This happened to me when wanted to change the card. I called my bank and asked them the four digit number, and submitted it to paypal, then I could do transactions.

If you cancel your account and open a new one with the new card, you won't have to do this. It's only when you change cards. I did this later on.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:37 PM   #7
purplesue
Registered Users

Thanks everyone. I didn't realize they will credit it back later. The help section doesn't say anything about that.

I didn't open paypal from the email they sent me. I just opened a new window and went to paypal myself. What made it seem strange is my credit card does expire this year but not until a later month. So I still don't know if the email was legit, but at least I know how it will work when I need to change the expiration date.

Thanks again!
purplesue is offline   Reply With Quote