Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #11
Charrey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone BF and FF?

Well my decision is on hold for awhile. I have mastitis from stress, lack of sleep, and missing feedings (giving bottles of pumped milk and not pumping to make up for it every time) because we moved last weekend. I want to be sure I am fully recovered before cutting down on one feeding.

Advertisement

Charrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #12
leeleeche
Registered Users

If giving the baby one bottle of formula a day would lessen your stress level, then do it. Your supply will go down by the amount that you bottle feed but it should not go lower than that. Remember there are two of you in a nursing relationship and if you are not getting what you need, change it. The baby will be fine. 3 months is a long time and one bottle a day is not very much.
leeleeche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:06 AM   #13
bcb1961
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charrey View Post
Well my decision is on hold for awhile. I have mastitis from stress, lack of sleep, and missing feedings (giving bottles of pumped milk and not pumping to make up for it every time) because we moved last weekend. I want to be sure I am fully recovered before cutting down on one feeding.
Hope you get to feeling better!
bcb1961 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:04 AM   #14
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charrey View Post
Hope you feel better soon. Like other said. One bottle wont make that big of difference in your supply. It may go down my that much or it may not.

A happy mommy makes for a happy baby and family. If giving one bottle of formula or haveing someone else do it reduces your stress level it is well worth it.

They are only little for such a short time. Enjoy it however you need to feed them and don't let anyone guilt you into doing what "they" think is best for you and your baby.

My oldest is 4 and he got formula and BM. In his preschool class there isn't anyway to tell which kiddo was FF or BF. He is a tall healthy smart little boy. My point is in 5 years is it really going to matter if you give your baby a little formula and if the answer is no then do what you think is best.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:07 PM   #15
Charrey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you I needed to be reminded that happy mommy = happy baby. It's so easy to get caught up in doing everything perfectly for her to give her the best start possible but I do need to step back and look at the big picture sometimes.

Now that the mastitis has passed, I'm leaning towards starting with a bottle of formula mixed with breastmilk next month (we moved this month and money is tight...I have never bought formula before and I was blown over by the price!). Maybe we will start with a bottle shortly after my husband gets home from work at 5pm. A before bed feeding would be nice but I don't want to wake up really engorged and end up with mastitis again.
Charrey is offline   Reply With Quote