Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #41
sstarfish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: LOOK AT HOW TRIM! :Alva

Just went out and checked the tags for my Sunbabys and my new Alvas.... the tag for the SBs says cold soak/hot wash/cold rinse, the Alvas says cold soak/cold rinse.... nothing at all about the wash. Maybe that part got left off the tag by accident, and it's supposed to say "hot wash"?

Honestly, how could you make something that is designed to be pooped and peed in, and not make it able to withstand hot washing? I'm going to wash mine on hot anyway, I think.

Advertisement

Last edited by sstarfish; 09-23-2011 at 12:19 PM.
sstarfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #42
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_just_me View Post
OP - I got that print for my DS and I think it is totally boyish! Although I'd stick it on a girl too! But it is way more boyish than girly.

I got my Alva diapers in the mail yesterday and have them washing now. One of them I'm not sure what to do with because the dye is transferring all over the diaper and even on to the snaps. So that one is siting in it's plastic waiting for me to figure out what to do with it.

I'll get pictures of my DS in one once they are dry!

I'm a little worried about washing these as they say to wash on cold. I really don't want to wash on cold, but if I do wash on hot, then I'd be sad to have them delaminate....
if its the red/white striped one wash separate! i washed w/ inserts and now they have a slight pink tinge to them lol
Old 09-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #43
Thismomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I pre-rinse and wash mine on warm with a cold final rinse (in Green Works Natural with a dash of BS). Every week to 2 weeks I wash in Dawn two times in a row (with extra rinses ) and then sun-dry. I haven't had any issues with stink staying in them. Their inserts hang onto stains pretty badly, but who cares about a dingy insert, as long as it's still absorbent
Old 09-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #44
Brits
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Are they all pocket diapers? Because they say AIO on the product description.
Brits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #45
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortdrawbryant View Post
if its the red/white striped one wash separate! i washed w/ inserts and now they have a slight pink tinge to them lol
Yep! It's the Red and White striped one. I'm thinking of soaking it for a while in the sink first and then washing it separately a few times. I really don't want everything turning pink!
Old 09-23-2011, 12:45 PM   #46
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brits View Post
Are they all pocket diapers? Because they say AIO on the product description.
They are pocket diapers. Chinese brand suppliers call pocket diapers all in ones for some reason. (which drives me insane!)
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #47
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukawww View Post
I'm not so sure about these anymore - I have a hard time with needing a different wash routine for just a handful of diapers :/.
Yeah that's actually my concern too. My hot water here is really really hot and my cold water here is really really warm (because of here i live). I am going to wash on warm until it shows damage and then I am going to switch to cold (since is still warm). Honestly, I think as long as you don't wash on really hot water you should be fine.
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #48
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_just_me View Post
I got my Alva diapers in the mail yesterday and have them washing now. One of them I'm not sure what to do with because the dye is transferring all over the diaper and even on to the snaps. So that one is siting in it's plastic waiting for me to figure out what to do with it.
I posted a pic in the co-op thread, we were refunded for the red/white stripe diapers so you didn't pay for it. I sent them anyways to those that ordered them. None of the other Alvas bled, it was just that one print and when I sent pics to Alva they refunded me right away
Old 09-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #49
Brits
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotmywings View Post
They are pocket diapers. Chinese brand suppliers call pocket diapers all in ones for some reason. (which drives me insane!)
Thanks!
Brits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #50
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katedanzer View Post
I posted a pic in the co-op thread, we were refunded for the red/white stripe diapers so you didn't pay for it. I sent them anyways to those that ordered them. None of the other Alvas bled, it was just that one print and when I sent pics to Alva they refunded me right away
Okay! Thanks! Good to know. That must be why my shipping was less than I expected!