Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #11
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Every now and then I throw myself a pity party

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. I'm done with the pity-party for now. I'm sure I will be ready for another in 6 months or so

Advertisement

Old 09-18-2011, 06:58 PM   #12
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

Can I join your pity party?

I'm in the process of divorcing, have 2 kids and just found out a few weeks ago that I'm PG with a surprise baby (depsite all the BC options used). With a baby daddy who's currently not involved. I always wanted another child...eventually...definitely not on my own. It is what it is though, right?
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:00 PM   #13
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Okay, I was a single mom from age 33 to 37, and have a fabulous dh. My mother was single from 30-33 and has a wonderful husband of now nearly 40 years.

There were some rough spots, but things happen.

I'm just sayin....

Last edited by jamieism; 09-18-2011 at 07:02 PM.
jamieism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #14
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213
Can I join your pity party?

I'm in the process of divorcing, have 2 kids and just found out a few weeks ago that I'm PG with a surprise baby (depsite all the BC options used). With a baby daddy who's currently not involved. I always wanted another child...eventually...definitely not on my own. It is what it is though, right?
Wow, mama, that sounds like a VERY rough patch. I had divorced by the time dd1 was born and he was involved in an awkward way. It wasn't the way I had envisioned my life at. all. But then so many things have come from it that I have zero regrets ( plus a lovely dd).

I hope you (all) have some good support here and there. And Ben and jerrys. I recommend cherry Garcia and a trashy novel.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #15
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
I only have 1 cat so far! I think what really sucks is I loved my married life, I was pretty dang happy, right until he said he wasn't.
I have 2 cats and I TOTALLY relate to that statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieism View Post
Wow, mama, that sounds like a VERY rough patch. I had divorced by the time dd1 was born and he was involved in an awkward way. It wasn't the way I had envisioned my life at. all. But then so many things have come from it that I have zero regrets ( plus a lovely dd).

I hope you (all) have some good support here and there. And Ben and jerrys. I recommend cherry Garcia and a trashy novel.
Mmmmmmmmmm, cherry garcia.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #16
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
That is a tough one. Being extremely busy when I was getting divorced actually helped me stay sane. I never had time to think about what I was losing, I had to look forward.

Cherry Garcia is for very special moments I use cheap mint-chip to get me by. Thanks for the encouragement. I do love hearing about people that met their spouses later in life (and they had kids). I shouldn't say that I have completely given up hope but when I make plans for my future they are with me by myself, or maybe my yds will still live at home if I'm lucky
Old 09-23-2011, 08:58 AM   #17
Beaners_Mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have 3 cats. I think I'm in trouble.
I want to date, I think. The idea of having everything ripped out from underneath me with no warning kind of stops me. That and I've yet to meet a guy that I think is the Bees Knees....so to speak. I've casually dated...and it didn't go so well. Haha.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:48 PM   #18
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah. I tried dating after a few months. I don't think I could handle getting divorced again. My boyfriend now never wants to get married, he also went through a bad divorce. It works well overall. He's great with my boys and I know our boundaries so I don't get too dependent