Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2011, 07:47 PM   #21
nalazimbala
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sibling and hair questions (pic heavy)

Thanks everyone for the input. As one PP said, I do think it's close to the point of being long enough to go behind his ear and he doesn't seem bothered by it. So I think we might hold off on cutting a wee bit longer and see what it does. If he didn't have the double swirls in the back, I think his hair would go to the side easier instead of straight forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thismomma View Post
Yeah, definitely not twins They're adorable! And I love the hair! The curls are precious. I've always loved long hair on boys/guys/men. Your daughter's hair color is amazing, too! It's so unusual to see hair with no pigmentation!
Thank you! Yes, DD is the one that gets the most hair comments "cotton top" and "tow head" come up a LOT. She got it from her daddy - his was that color through college and is now is about the same color as DS's.

Advertisement

Old 09-23-2011, 07:51 PM   #22
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

3 of my 5 boys have long, down your back hair (they are teens). The toddler's is very wild and curly....it's long for his age? (15 mo he has a lot of hair) but I obviously love long hair on boys. Even DH who has very short hair, likes when DS' hair is in a top ponytail- that's how he wore it when he was a baby. So I do that when it's really hot and I have put a clip in it too to keep it out of his eyes.

As for your question about the twins thing, my kids STILL get that- 2 of them who are 15 and 17 and look nothing alike and are nowhere near the same size- only bc they both have long hair (and yours look like sibs, not twins )
Old 09-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #23
jewelzbird
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Don't cut it!! You are almost there!! Twins?? Don't see it.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #24
3MonkeysMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Gorgeous kiddos!! People are super weird about twins and either think all children are twins or don't believe you if they actually are...people used to ask if mine were triplets when I had my big triple stroller even though 2 were clearly newborns and one was a ginormous toddler.

As for the haircut, I love long hair on boys and my boys almost always have a shaggy style...if he has a double crown (two swirls) then I would definitely not recommend cutting it very short. My little boys have those and they either need to have buzz cuts or long-ish hair or else you can't get it to lay down in the back at all. Yikes!
Old 09-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #25
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

as a mom of twins, i would not think your little ones were twins. they are obviously different ages.

for the hair- i'm voting for cutting it. we waited till our boys were over 2 to get their first cuts, and they had hair like your ds, but with more curl. loved those curls, didn't want to cut them. but you know what? it was even cuter and curlier after a trim. so sweet. i wouldn't go crazy and get a buzz cut or anything, lol, but i think you would be so in love with what he looks like with a trim.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #26
mother_04_07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i can understand ppl thot of them twins at a glance... i have LOs that git that question and lot...

Second question, should we cut DS's hair? ... i would not tell he wants to.... my LO boys all went thor a stage of no hair cuts
6/02 ~ 7/02~ 12/03 9/04 Born @ 38.0w LifeFlight/NICU/IA defect Surgery #1@3days old,#2 2/06, #3 11/09,#4 6/10,#5 8/10
7/2007born emergency c-section @39.0wIn STOCK Mama Cloth & PAST WORK
mother_04_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:32 PM   #27
TinyHineyDiapers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No to the twins, but yes to the cut, but not too short! I got the twins question a lot when they were about 1 and 3. i'd have them side by side in the stroller so you could tell DS1 was much bigger than DS2 but I guess strangers didnt?
Old 09-24-2011, 06:36 PM   #28
Shaunam
Registered Users

I've been asked if my kids are twins too and they are almost 3 years apart! Granted, DD is in a wheelchair and it's hard to tell how big she is at first glance. And they do look a lot alike. People used to ask if me and my little sis were twins. I'm almost 3 years older but I was always really small for my age. It used to bug the crap outta me!

I wouldn't cut his hair. I think it's adorable!
Old 09-24-2011, 06:44 PM   #29
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The first pic I could sort of see where people would get the twin idea from. They are obviously siblings and close enough in looks that if they were seated and you couldn't see the size difference as well I could see it happening. At least because my middle two get that question a lot and they look nothing alike IMO and are 14 months apart.

As far as the hair question, to be honest I thought it was two girls in the first pic. I do not like longer hair on boys but that's me.
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:19 PM   #30
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not twins to me.

I'd cut the hair. I think it looks like it annoys him all day long, and think little boy short cuts are cuter.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote