Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-23-2011, 07:30 AM   #1
Registered Users
IDEA: Potty Training Aid

So, I have an idea and need some feed back! I want to make a cloth insert that goes into regular commercial underwear for children that are potty training. (Yes, it will look similar to a cloth maxi pad lol.) I don't want to give out too many specifics of my design, but it will be waterproof, absorbent, and made so that the child WILL feel wetness.

I was really disappointed after Grovia released their new training pant because it was so expensive for a one use garment. I really want to make something that is AFFORDABLE!

Any thoughts? Thanks so much!

AshleyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: IDEA: Potty Training Aid

I think it is an interesting idea. I just finished potty training one of my children and am about to start potty training my two year old. I think something like this, if affordable, would definitely be something I would try.

Would it actually absorb the "accident" and keep it form getting on the floor? That is the problem I ran into with my son. He would be standing in the middle of the living room and just decide it was time to pee, then I would have a mess to clean up lol
Virginia SAHM to 3 (2 boys and a girl). A safe, wickless alternative to scented candles.
Check out my blog
mommavi1181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #3
Registered Users
Re: IDEA: Potty Training Aid

Yes, it would definitely be absorbent! The idea is that they could wear their "big kid" underwear, yet still have protection from accidents. It would be designed for only one accident like other training aids, but absorbent enough so cleaning up the floor and changing the child's entire outfit would not be an issue!

Thanks so much for your thoughts!!!
AshleyS is offline   Reply With Quote