Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
double stroller or sit and stand?

i'm sure this has been asked a hundred times in a hundred situations, but i need opinions...

My kids were 26 months apart and DD was born in september so we weren't going out all that much during flu season those first 3 months. I was given a used sit and stand that served my purposes nicely.

DD and newb will be 18.5 month apart and DD is much less sturdy than DS was (36 inches and 34 lbs at 2 y/o). I don't think she will do the bench seat as easily and I know we'll be out more as this baby is due in May, and I can't sit still for the whole summer!

I wasn't considering a new stroller until My MIL offered to buy me a decent ($250) double stoller, i'm looking at the chicco together stroller, and I think I would use it...

Do you think i'll need a double stroller? or can I get by with the sit and stand. I do babywear- frequently, but once they fall asleep I usually like to put the kids down in a stroller (when out and about) so my back isn't so sore later (this is a my back/large boobs issue not the type of carriers i own issue). She will spend that money on something else if I asked, but I thought since she offered...

Advertisement

Old 09-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
orangepiggyslittledog
Registered Users

Re: double stroller or sit and stand?

I would get a double stroller. The sit and stand front seat doesnt recline a whole lot and with a sleeping child its nicer to have something that reclines. We recently had foster twins and I bought the Contours® Optima® Double Tandem Stroller I found it on craigs list for $150 I think it usually sells for around $200
Walmart sells it http://www.walmart.com/ip/Contours-b...-Ruby/12548220
Its been wonderful and both seats recline and you can move seats around to face anyway you want.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:32 AM   #3
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

My DDs are 21 mo apart and I couldn't live without my double stroller.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:
We have both. The sit and stand was handy for trips to the store when I would put the sleeping baby's carseat in the front. But it is hard to steer and has small wheels which made it less than pleasant on walks around town. As soon as DS was old enough to sit up on his own, it lost all functionality for us. In the stores, I just sit him in the cart or babywear him. The sit and stand doesn't recline far enough for him to sleep anyways.

Our double stroller on the other hand has been a dream. It reclines far, so both kids can nap in it. It steers beautifully and has big wheels that make walks around town really enjoyable. And it has a big basket underneath for everything. I often walk to the park or grocery store and can easily fit everything in the basket. It is wide, so I don't dare take it inside the stores, but since it is so nice in every other way, I don't mind.

I would say it mostly depends on what you will be using the stroller for. The sit and stand would work for a trip to the mall, but I don't know if you could make a sleepy kiddo very comfortable for napping. I use my stroller daily, so a nice one is a must for me. But depending on how often you use one, the hassle of the sit and stand might be worth spending the money on something else.
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I go for daily walks with my 2 now... and hope that will continue with the newb around... you guys have convinced me that the sleeping child aspect is reason enough. i forget that even my 1 year old won't sleep in my sit and stand, and I hated our carseat on the sit and stand. so yes, double it is.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've had both. I prefer a double jogger hands down. My kids were not mature enough to handle sitting on the stand seat part of it. DFS is almost 2.5 and is too implusive, even with the seatbelt, to stay there. DD was also to hyper to do it.

We have a double jogger for long walks/days out, and Mac and Peg Aria doubles for in the cars.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #7
TinyHineyDiapers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have both, and depending on where we are going depends on what we use. i definitly prefer my jeep double stroller that is pretty much a side by side umbrella, but it doesnt fit a lot of places since it is wide. i had a sit and stand that i traded for a regular graco front/back double that i've only used a few times because it's so heavy, but much easier if i'm going places where i need to be narrow.