Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #101
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: LOOK AT HOW TRIM! :Alva POST YOUR ACTION SHOTS!

I LOVE the leggings. I got 5 pairs for Noelle and it's all she's worn all week. I am super happy to find pants that don't slide down her fluffy butt while crawling. Gymboree changed their leggings sizes, so all our newer ones have a 2" shorter rise which means they don't fit with cloth

Advertisement

Old 09-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #102
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I actually bought mine bigger for this January because it doesn't get cold here till then (seriously, it's sad we went swimming on Christmas day last year!). Length wise she is able to fit in the 2 or so that are shorter then the rest but waist wise it's not happening LOL. But I LOVE the feel of them. Much better then what I thought they would be!
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #103
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

I didn't buy leggings through this co-op, but I got some on ebay super cheap a while ago. The owl ones are my favorite as well. They are so cute and do work great a pj pants!
Old 09-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #104
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

I just put that small giraffe print Alva on DS at the last diaper change, and it fits so differently than the rest. I prefer the fit of the others for sure. This one is just so big it isn't as trim. Once it is washed, I'll post a comparison pic of it with my other minky diapers. On the other hand, it might be great for later on if DS outgrows the rise on other diapers before PLing (I doubt this will happen).
maymommy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:34 PM   #105
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_just_me View Post
Okay, so here is my DS in the Pooh Bear Minky diaper TRIPLE stuffed for nighttime! LOL! I have no clue how absorbent these inserts are going to be, so I put 3 of the bamboo inserts in and we'll see how it goes!

I moved him up to the biggest rise setting because I stuffed it pretty full. I could still get it on him on the medium setting, but it looked more comfortable on him on the largest setting. I love that I have that bigger setting to move to! All his other OS diapers he is on the largest rise normally, so I love having a diaper that is bigger!

Just wondering how this held up last night? I have DS in an Alva tonight with a bamboo insert and two Joey Bunz. Pretty sure that should hold up fine, but I am hesitant to use the minky at night because I'm concerned about wicking. He is in a PUL one tonight.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:38 PM   #106
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ohh! I'm interested to know too..I haven't been brave enough to try yet. Maybe I will put a few MF inserts and a bamboo one in it and give it a try? or maybe 3 bamboo?hmm..
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
Old 09-25-2011, 10:01 PM   #107
luvnmyboys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2muncher
seller
seller

My Mood:

i also noticed the small giraffe print seemed big. a few of my other minky ones seems a little bigger than the others. i'll have to pay attention to the fit and see if i notice a difference.
luvnmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:21 PM   #108
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my minky blue and polka dot one is lightly bigger then my sc and fleece ones. not too much bigger but it's defniantly noticeable
Old 09-28-2011, 09:10 AM   #109
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maymommy10 View Post
Just wondering how this held up last night? I have DS in an Alva tonight with a bamboo insert and two Joey Bunz. Pretty sure that should hold up fine, but I am hesitant to use the minky at night because I'm concerned about wicking. He is in a PUL one tonight.
Well I wish I could tell you it worked great, but when DS got up in the morning his bed was SOAKED! But it is not because the diaper didn't work, the diaper was dry, he just decided to take it off and sleep nude That crazy boy! He keeps taking his diapers off at night. It is driving me crazy!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #110
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_just_me

Well I wish I could tell you it worked great, but when DS got up in the morning his bed was SOAKED! But it is not because the diaper didn't work, the diaper was dry, he just decided to take it off and sleep nude That crazy boy! He keeps taking his diapers off at night. It is driving me crazy!
Sorry Mama! I used two bamboo inserts and a JoeyBunz last night in DS's spongebob Alva and he woke up totally dry. He almost always just leaks a tiny bit at the tummy but not with this combo. The inserts were soaked, but no leaks.