Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #91
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 9/19-9/25

My DD was a projectile vomiter, picky eater, good sleeper, never threw tantrums. DS was an even better sleeper, non-picky eater, threw tantrums from age 2-4, was colicky (cried every single night from 7-11p non-stop for the first 3 months). I'm wondering what sort of mix this new baby will be??

I slept well last night. Got close to 10 hrs and it was the first night my DS hasn't come into bed with me for months. I usually try and get to bed not long after the kids. On the days I work we all have to be up by 5:30am. Not fun.

Advertisement

TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:40 PM   #92
Fusion
Registered Users

My Mood:

My oven broke last night, and I found out when I went to add a sauce to the porkchops that had been "cooking" for 45 minutes and they were lukewarm. I am excited to get a new oven, but wish it could have broke at a better time. But I just ordered a double, convection oven and can't wait to start using it! Our old one is the cheapest model and always burns the edges of my cakes.

Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #93
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Went for the ritual prenatal bloodletting. Do they have to use the most hamfisted nurses for that? My arm is sore....
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:21 PM   #94
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2luke&jake View Post
my 16mo has been doing the same thing! I told my friend earlier we should have a haunted house and just have him upset the whole time. It would scare everyone!
We could have the scariest haunted house ever, I bet, if we got all of our screaming tots together!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
My 2 yo was born 5/09 also....

I am amazed you are able to take classes right now! I was just thinking how glad I am not to be in school right now because I don't think I could do it! At least the first trimester will be over sooooon!
Cool that we'll have 2 little ones the same age!! And school stinks... Fortunately it's been a fairly non-demanding semester so far, but t's still hard to find the motivation to do the work. It's easier now, too, that I'm feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama View Post
Oh gods, this is my nightmare. DD was such a good sleeper, she was sleeping through the night at 4 months, drooled a lot when teething but didn't fuss or anything, ate what I gave her - people called her unnaturally easy. Karma says this one will be the never sleeping projectile vomiting high needs baby just to really mess with me. At least DD will be 4.5 and able to help some.....
Maybe you'll get lucky again!!
Old 09-26-2011, 04:16 PM   #95
crunch!910
Registered Users

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why won't ANYONE get back with me?

The first doula I contacted returned my email/calls, and she's already full. She gave me the name/number/email of her backup doula. I emailed her. She gave me her number. I left her a message last week. So I sent her an email today to let her know I was always accessible through email, whatever was more convenient for her, and again gave her my phone number. No return.

The only two doulas listed on the DONA website are full, and the other is too expensive anyway. I have a friend who knows a doula that isn't on the DONA website (doula in training??), but I emailed her OVER FIVE WEEKS AGO and she never once got back to me.

I'm beginning to think I'll have to go it on my own with no help at all... and I know from experience DH is no help at all. He didn't feel like he could do anything to help when I was in labor with DS, so really didn't even try. He sat on his laptop. Also, he didn't advocate for me at all, and I ended up in a csection. I kept waiting for him to stand up for me, to protect me, and he didn't. I wanted a doula there to help advocate for my birth plan and wishes.

I'm going to cry.... because without a doula, I'm certain I'll end up in another csection and I might as well just do the RCS.