Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-25-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
6 months today!

So I feel kind of silly for posting this when I see lots of 2 year markers, but it's big for me! My first 2 started getting a nightly bottle of formula around 3-4 weeks. Gradually I gave more and more bottles until around 4 months I just didn't offer to nurse and they didn't seem to mind. I told DH this time around NO bottles. I dearly love him and we are on the same page in everything else in our relationship but this one. So I feel like I haven't had as much support from him that I wanted. I think by now he's given up! I have allowed a few bottles here and there of EBM but I try to work outings around feeding times. DS is pretty attached to me anyway and won't let me be gone for long and I would worry about him as well. Usually I just get out for a bike ride and that's it. DH will come home for lunch and I'll ride around 40 minutes and on the weekends I can go about 1.5 hrs.

Anyway, I plan to go a year and I hope to delay solids if I can. He seems to be pretty satisfied from me and diaper laundry is easy! After a year I'll let him decide. I don't think I want to go past 2 and I would sort of prefer 18 months, but we'll see. I won't force it one him, but I have a feeling I'll be ready by then, even though I know it will be bittersweet. We might decide we want a #4 and I would like to be done nursing before we TTC. But that's way down the road so for now I am LOVING nursing this LO!

Caroline-happily married to Keith since 4/27/02; momma to D (5/10/05), M (2/10/07) and S (3/25/11)
carolineb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: 6 months today!

Fantastic job, Mama! 6 months is something to celebrate. DS and I are in our 7th month. I love our BF relationship! I love the $$$ I save with no formula! I love how good it makes me feel that we've made it so far, even with our rocky start!
Accidentaly crunchy mom to William James Cutiepants. Love Baby Wearing, Breastfeeding, and Cloth Diapering, and my wonderful husband, Ken (Who doesn't like the cloth diapers...)
Willum'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: 6 months today!

Good job! Every month you b/f should be celebrated! We will celebrate 13 months on Friday!
MyChubs0831 is offline   Reply With Quote