Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
Greenwife
Registered Users
seller
seller

1 yr old not eating much…normal?

DD turns 1 in a couple of weeks. I WOHM and our routine for months has been to get her up, get her ready, nurse and head out the door. Over the last week she doesn't want to eat when she gets up. She nurses a couple of times at night and it has been around 3 hours since last eating usually by the time she wakes up. This morning I had to get her to eat because I knew I had meetings and couldn't pump until later in the morning. I made a bottle of formula (we don't have extra BM) which she wanted and then switched her to the breast as soon as she started drinking.

Then tonight I got home late and she usually nurses right when I get home and she didn't want to. I took her into the bedroom and laid down with her and she ate.

Daycare says she's eating less - today she took around 8 ounces over the course of 8-9 hours and they said she barely ate her solids. She has always had around 15 ounces during that time at daycare. We do BLW and she eats a variety of fruit/veg/meat every day…but not today.

She's tiny so I always worry about her if she doesn't eat much…just wondering if this sounds normal around this age? She weighed in at 17lbs at 11 months.

Advertisement

Greenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:03 AM   #2
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Any chance she is getting her 1 year molars? Usually if I notice a big change in eating habits it either teething or baby getting sick. Keep offering the breast, you are doing a great job
Happy to be again after a bit of a break
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote