Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
mrstilly
Registered Users
seller

what to do? diaper wicking

I recently purchased 4 EUC BG4.0s. They all seemed fine, except one was pretty pilly for EUC. I washed them all in my normal routine - prewash on cold, wash on hot with extra cold rinse. I use tide original. I used the diaper twice and both times it's leaked massively. I have other 4.0s and don't have this issue; it's also the only one of the 4 I purchased that is doing this. I used the BG inserts like I usually do.
Should I say anything to the mama I got it from? Is there anything I can do to fix it? I had an issue with some other pockets that were wicking and ended up just getting rid of them. Since I've washed it, am I out of luck?

Advertisement

mrstilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
mamatoalys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: what to do? diaper wicking

is the elastic slightly (even SLIGHTLY) relaxed can make the legs fit differently
Student Midwife and crunchy mama DD's to Autumn & Alys Expecting surprise #3 in Sept 2013!
mamatoalys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
mrstilly
Registered Users
seller

I check the legs at every diaper change though, and it seems like it's getting a good fit. Also, it doesn't seem like it's leaking at the legs, but rather wicking through the PUL.
mrstilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #4
BldrArch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstilly
I check the legs at every diaper change though, and it seems like it's getting a good fit. Also, it doesn't seem like it's leaking at the legs, but rather wicking through the PUL.
Can you see if the PUL is cracked? It would be strange with a 4.0 but I guess it's possible. If the PUL is shot, I'd definitely contact the seller and see if she offers a solution. Though, correct me if I'm wrong, I've read on here once it's washed it's yours. But that could just be an unwritten rule ?? But I would still think the diaper came like that if it's bad PUL.

This happened to me when I was a newb on here. But I was buying dipes for my LO who hadn't arrived yet. Wasn't until a couple months later when I used the diaper for the first time that it soaked right through the PUL. Sure enough it was cracked. Lesson learned as I never thought to check that when someone sells you a EUC condition diaper. Grrrr. But now I check all PUL as soon as I get it and have had this problem come up once since.

Sent via iPhone using DS Forum (yes, I'm that addicted)

Red Dog | Studio

Cloth Diapers, Layette Sets, Children's wares and more. Handcrafted in Boulder, CO
Etsy | Free US Shipping
Please take my diapering cost survey!

Last edited by BldrArch; 09-27-2011 at 10:21 PM.
BldrArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've also bought a diaper where the PUL was bad and it leaked straight through on the first use. I'd already washed it and used once, but luckily I'm friends with the mama and was able to exchange it with her for a different one that she was selling. I'd check the PUL and see if that's the problem. I would also take pics, contact the mama who sold it to you, and talk to a mod about the issue. Hopefully you can get this worked out.
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote