Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
heyitsmeanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
eBay sale help?

I sold something on eBay and the bidding ended 9/11 and the buyer paid immediately. In my listing it states that if paid for on Sat, Sun, or Mon I ship on Tuesday, so I mailed the item on 9/13. It went via Parcel Post with no insurance but delivery confirmation (she had options of Parcel Post or Priority, with insurance or without) in a polymailer. She contacted me today because she has not yet received her item. The tracking info hasn't been updated since Sept 15th when it said accepted/processed at point of origin at a facility about 40mi from me.

So, what happens now that she's contacted me? What can I do? What are my rights as a seller and hers as a buyer? I've never had this happen before. TIA!

Advertisement

"whatever works" mom to
J (9/04) & L (11/10)
Expecting #3 in July
heyitsmeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
trellisaze
Registered Users
seller

Parcel Post can take awhile. In your listing what does it say is the shipping timeline? Usually it gives a date where the item should arrive by before it's "late".

From your end you could check with your PO and see if they can help track it down at all. Good luck!
trellisaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
heyitsmeanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: eBay sale help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trellisaze View Post
Parcel Post can take awhile. In your listing what does it say is the shipping timeline? Usually it gives a date where the item should arrive by before it's "late".
It said the 18th through the 23rd, so it is considered late.

"whatever works" mom to
J (9/04) & L (11/10)
Expecting #3 in July
heyitsmeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
trellisaze
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsmeanne View Post
It said the 18th through the 23rd, so it is considered late.
Bummer! I'm not sure what to advise as I've never sold on ebay, just bought, so hopefully someone else can chime in... I would see if you can find out any info from your PO though, see what they advise? You have the DC number and it was scanned once after mailing which is good - seems you do have proof of mailing it at least. Has she opened a claim already or is she just emailing you about it? I would also maybe take a look around ebay, there should be a way to either post in a forum and ask or get some help about how to proceed. Meanwhile just keep in good communication with the buyer and try to see if you can get any info from your post office. Hopefully it's just taking its sweet time to reach her - I know parcel post can be slow sometimes. I recently received a parcel post package from Hawaii that took a good 3 weeks or so to reach me and NEVER updated along the way. But I know that was Hawaii and I expected it to take forever... still took longer than the estimated delivery date though (when I would track it, it showed an estimated delivery date and I didn't get it until at least a week or more later).
trellisaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #5
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would just keep in communication...I had something similar happen to me during the holidays..I was the buyer...except there was NO delivery conf or even update that it had been shipped. I filed after the "should arrive deadline" and paypal still made me wait even longer...of course after I filed the person shipped it...so I did eventually get it - just not in time to give it as a gift. Ebay didn't seem to care that it was sent late...so I would not worry about getting trouble with ebay b/c it hasn't been delivered yet.

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote